• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just some weekend conversation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some weekend conversation

Looking over an old RM map from 1930 and I notice a lot of section 29 remains vacant. A lot of sections 11 are also vacant but mostly 29’s.
    Anyone know why 29’s were the last to get picked?

Would/could that have been something to do with the land given to railways or set aside for vetrans??

Comment

Section 13 and 29 were set aside for the railways. We live on a sec 13. We bought it in 1980 to start our yardsite. The previous owner said he bought from the railway after WW2. Both my parents original country school sites were on a Sec 11 quarter. One of them still has a 4acre school site and the rest is still crown land

Comment

I thought sections 11 & 29 were set aside for schools and funding schools.
        All of section 8 and 3/4 of section 26( except the NE quarter) were set aside for HBC(Hudson Bay Co)
        The remaining odd sections were railroad land but I don't know if it was province side or only X miles on either side of main line railways.
        The remaining even sections were available for homesteads.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Land_Survey
          Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 27, 2020, 17:03.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.