• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not often mallee gets.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not often mallee gets.

Confronted. Mildly shocked. Distressed almost.

Went to visit me mate that got burnt in fire 2 weeks ago.

Cheerful happygo lucky whats happening in world of farming.

But far out bandages from hand to just above elbow, legs basically to hip line bandaged, little bit on his face.

Will be in until xmas at best new year or longer worst case.

Has to have all his bandages changed tommorow, its a operation they knock him out.

Had three rounds of skin grafts two to go.

Have to wear gloves and leg guards for maybe 2 years.

Has tubes up his nose all thecway into his lungs to assist breathing. Can only eat mushy crap.

Hes got one of the latest fandangled pickups with all the modern pollution shitTze on it. Anyway was fighting the fire ,pick up with 1600 litres of water and pumps. He doesnt know for sure i reinterate that, but ute just stopped when it got a belly full of smoke and would not start. His son got out of passenger side dad yelled at him get out, maybe 15 seconds passed until his son was out he doesnt know, but then he couldnt get out his side heat must have triggered auto locking or electrics fried so he had to clamber across and run-through fire front , went like foook he said shielding his face seemed like a eternity till he found burnt ground but again he thinks 20 seconds he doesnt know.

Hes pissed the car automatically locked perhaps.

He had short pants and cotton shirt rather than usual fire fighting overalls.

Hence the damage.

Anyway hes gonna be ok eventually.

Upon vist i had to mask up, hair net, surgical gown, and gloves and they sprayed withhsomething.

Any sort of infection would cause issues, could see blood seeping through bandages. Guess when they are changed tommorow they have to get every fragement off before new ones applied.

Yeah yeah off topic but was or is farm related.

Walking out the door he quipped keep a longneck cold for me.

Plastic fuel lines, plastic fuel tank, catalytic converter hot as Hadis.

Comment

What a horror story. The poor man, but at least he's still here and on the mend, I guess is the bright side.

Burns are horribly painful.

Comment

Diesel

Comment

Wow that’s rough. Such a reminder to enjoy life as nobody knows what is coming down the pipe tomorrow. Today is a gift that’s why it’s called the present.

I’m sure both of you are going to enjoy a brew or two whenever he’s up for it.

Comment

Yup, the more complicated they make the iron, the more it either works or it don't.
            Good luck to him.

Comment

And stupidity of things.

His glasses got lost in fire cant see much.

Rings optician make me new glasses asap with old prescription lenses, no sir your overdue for test, bit of foward and back wife goes into optician blows 5he shit out ot them new glasses due next week.

Why cant people just accept situations at face value customers always right itbused to be

Comment

A few years ago I was fighting a grass fire with a water tank, honda water pump and a long hose, didn't notice the fire had crept up around the truck and tank until the pump stopped from lack of oxygen, it was decision time, I decided to run through the fire and hoped the truck would start and not blow up with me in it. It could have ended badly but my dog who was in the truck thanked me later. Eyebrows do grow back.
                This one of the many reasons why men die before women.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...