• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid App

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid App

Just learned of older couple with covid. Probably from grandkids. Should all school kids with phones have the app ? If grand parents have app it might help. Useful if kids don't have symptoms.

This is a very hypothetical question. Does everybody have a cell phone? Does everybody have smart phones?

Should they. Should all school age children have them? Seems a bit ridiculous to give an elementary child a phone so they can have an app...

Especially considering many people are not using the app, and in some places the app is not in use or other apps are...

Really this entire thread could just be considered phishing to get the debate flaming about whether we should be traced by our phones or not. Personal responsibility could go much farther than a tracing app, especially when contacts are family members.

Have a chicken.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B February.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	770449

Comment

‘Probably from grandkids’
      Nice conjecture. You are full on foaming at the mouth now. You must be the super spreader they warn us about. Trudeau and Biden, your heroes, now recommend clear plastic bags over the head sealed tight at the neck as being better alternative to the face diapers. Try it. Or change your lifestyle, assuming you are under 80 years old, and get healthy and don’t worry about catching the flu and getting sniffles.

Comment

Yup. Everyone should be forced to have the app.

Comment

The app does not track you. Latest studies show kids carry and spread virus just like adults. They just don't express symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            The app does not track you. Latest studies show kids carry and spread virus just like adults. They just don't express symptoms.
            Common sense told me that long ago. No study needed.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              So then what's it even going to do?

The apps rely on someone with the app testing positive. Then it'll tell any other apps that came within 6 feet, or whatever the distance is, that they were close to a positive case. Does it tell people that were close to the people that were close to the positive?

If the kids don't have symptoms and aren't tested and known to be positive, then their app isn't going to let anyone else's app know anything. The kids would have to be tested positive.

If the kids came in contact with a positive case then their app would let them know they were exposed but really, by then they're probably going to have been at Granny and Gramp's place anyway if they don't feel sick.

I've found there's about a week long delay in the process. Someone you know finds out someone they know is positive. The person you know did not find out in time so they exposed others but they can then let people they were around know to start to limit it. It needs to go at least 3 to 4 people out from original exposure to get ahead of it. Does the app do that? I understood that it only contacts contacts of positives.

Comment

Then they are able to phone you about 8 days after being close to someone who isn't sick but had a positive test and you go into manditory isolation even if you aren't at all sick.
                No thank you.

Comment

Apps used here not sure why but no issues or anger people just use it fir greater good.

No conspiracy stuff. Really of little consequence tome we are in a crap service area so unsure how well it works.

Really its not even a talking point.

Comment

I used to have the app then last week JT came on and talked specifically that “you need to download the app” with his typical Shakespearian drama and condescending voice. It was too much for me and just like that I deleted it. Just killed it. Et tu Brute?

Comment

I know of a guy that has it in hosp in bad shape. He is a naysayer and anti masker. People that think that way wouldn't download the app anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        I know of a guy that has it in hosp in bad shape. He is a naysayer and anti masker. People that think that way wouldn't download the app anyway.
                        Is he a believer now?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                          The app for sure would have saved him. For sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

^ ^
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	burn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	770452

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              How do you know it wouldn’t have helped? Such an ignorant smart ass!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.