• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer on the move

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer on the move

These were the prices this fall eastern Manitoba delivered.
    46-0-0 : $447 per tonne
    11-52-0 : $609 per tonne
    0-0-60 : $462 per tonne

New Spring delivered and paid before the New Year prices.
    46-0-0 : $467 per tonne
    11-52-0 : $659 per tonne
    0-0-60 : $482 per tonne

Retailer explained a huge jump in in 11-52-0 as the USA harvest was done early and farmers pour it on this fall after they skipped the last two years due to late harvests.

He also stated the the rally in corn and USA Trump hand out has attributed to the shape jump in prices.

Also there is a short supply of 11-52-0 in North America.

Just something to consider when making your seeding plans for 2021
    Last edited by foragefarmer; Nov 25, 2020, 10:49.

11-52-0 prices are up because the US applied a big tarriff on imported phosphate. All thanks to a complaint to the Dept. of Commerce initiated by The Mosaic Company.

Comment

$465 urea
      630 phos
      roughly , never wrote it down but i think thats close, spring pick up, pay now

Comment

I’m glad I have all my dry home, now just have to wait for a Nh3 price.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
          11-52-0 prices are up because the US applied a big tarriff on imported phosphate. All thanks to a complaint to the Dept. of Commerce initiated by The Mosaic Company.
          When near monopolies want a hand in making the rules?

Seems par for the course, SeedCo Tax, ahem.

Comment

Urea 435 and phos 580. Those are take home prices. Local tells me his replacement will be a much higher. Especially the phos. A little rally in grain prices and so fert follows.

Comment

All priced Aug, 46 and S in the ground, phos in bin.

Comment

How loyal are you guys to small local Retailers?

Retailer's buying prices definitely affect the prices they can offer to their customers. Some companies buy way more than others. And those contracts need to be moved by certain dates.

That's what I was told, when I supported local they told me there is probably cheaper product around.... until it's gone.

My fuel isn't the same price all year, so I don't imagine retail fert sellers have flat prices over the year either.

Then there's spring and December 31 gouging..... I'm not giving them a completely free ride on justifying their pricing!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Most have fall spread or put nh3 on out here !
                  Schtoopit and lazy farmers in the Slum of the Ghetto can't afford schmart nitrogen! We have to put ours between the seed rows when seeding hoping the crop doesnt find it and its there for the following year's crops!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Better off to fall spread and leave the mrbs up in spring

Or buy a Seedhawk or some dual shoot outfit !
                    I think floating on fert is schtoopitter than MRBs!!!!!

SF3, why do they inject pigshit? Too much nutrient loss? Phos?
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 25, 2020, 23:11.

Comment

So it doesn’t smell 🦨

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        So it doesn’t smell 🦨
                        Maybe my Dairy and beef cow neighbors never got the memo?

Comment

Spring 2021 is our year to get and yes the smell I think is the reason. After seeding you can walk by the drill and smell it on the tires a month later. It's strong.

NH3 is up from summer but same as last Dec so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Spring 2021 is our year to get and yes the smell I think is the reason. After seeding you can walk by the drill and smell it on the tires a month later. It's strong.

NH3 is up from summer but same as last Dec so far.
                            I assume you have to pay a portion of the application cost?
                            So many people view spreading manure as waste disposal instead of a nutrient application, makes no sense. Done properly with decent amounts you can see the benefit for years.

When you drive by a field of manure and you smell it that is your nutrients gasing off. It needs to be injected or incorporated as soon as possible or you lose the majority. There is actually a law that you have to incorporate within 48hrs, not that most do.

In Quebec lots of farms have a newer large machine shed, there was a government program that cost shared the construction of manure storage buildings. Idea being you put your manure under cover on concrete until you can spread it to keep it from leaching away.

Comment

Hog manure is a excellent source of fertilizer with long term benefits. I have a couple of quarters that used to get hog manure and even after 15 years of no manure they still out produce most of my other quarters.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.