• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do as I say ..Not as I do..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do as I say ..Not as I do..

Premier Moe goes to Prince Albert and is exposed to covid....why didn't he just use skip the dishes or order in his food to the venue he was at...

I was watching my kid's senior hockey game the other night...wearing a mask 6 feet apart in the indoor seats...meanwhile there are 20 guys on the bench from Regina , saskatoon and where ever the opposition gets its players from....standing shoulder to shoulder breathing heavy from their shift and their first game...

We won but do you see what is wrong with it????

Good for him for supporting local and shame on you for thinking it was a poor decision. Most transmissions in restaurants are between employees.

Comment

Players in the players box is a big problem, they needed to come up with a better idea.

Comment

Latest numbers yesterday shows rec.facilties the highest rate.
        Will see today what gets shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Premier Moe goes to Prince Albert and is exposed to covid....why didn't he just use skip the dishes or order in his food to the venue he was at...

I was watching my kid's senior hockey game the other night...wearing a mask 6 feet apart in the indoor seats...meanwhile there are 20 guys on the bench from Regina , saskatoon and where ever the opposition gets its players from....standing shoulder to shoulder breathing heavy from their shift and their first game...

Who are you blaming? The government for not locking down everything? Or the hockey players who think a game is more important than the health of everyone they will come into contact with from team mates to family, to coworkers, to clerks and waitresses in business they will go into? No one is forcing people into social situations like sports or bars. People have to be responsible for their own actions. The problem is not government, it is people who have no empathy or morality and whose actions result in the need for government to impose what should be unnecesaary restrictions. Use common sense people!

Comment

C'mon, man, don't you know we're in this together?

AGAR: We're not all in this together until the public sector steps up

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-were-not-all-in-this-together-until-the-public-sector-steps-up https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-were-not-all-in-this-together-until-the-public-sector-steps-up

And this was my response to his piece:

Good morning Jerry,

Your article from yesterday under the title “We’re not in this all together…” struck a nerve with me. It reminded me of a submission I made to our (Huron) County council in the early days of the pandemic.

In it, I suggested that the county staff be allowed to actively participate in the pandemic-induced needs of the community by “sharing” their salaries with those in need.

Trying to show some consideration for the more junior staffers, I suggested that the “share” could be on a sliding scale, beginning at a lower rate for the lower paid employees and graduating up to a 50% rate for the senior staffers. Even at the higher share rate, the senior staff would still be getting close to $100,000 per year, while the junior staff would still be receiving nearly $1000/week.

I pointed out that in contrast to the $2000/mo CERB benefits that many of the newly unemployed were expected to live on, their salaries would still be considerably better than the laid-off workers.

The correspondence triggered a phone call from one councillor before the meeting, who said that all the staff is working very hard – he can’t believe how hard they are working – and are certainly earning their paychecks.

And that some whose jobs were sidelined have been shifted into other (useful) capacities. And that because of reduced services – such as the local arena closing - his municipality was actually going to save money thru this troublesome time…

Of course, although my correspondence made into onto the next meeting agenda, it received no discussion, other than a dismissal by the councillor who called me.

By my rough calculations, Huron County would have saved over $1,000,000 over the course of the next year by applying the salary share schedule that I proposed.

Well, only a couple of months later, the local newspaper headline read: “County expects to see $1,000,000 dollar shortfall from pandemic effects”…

So, we are all in this together, are we?

Like a friend of mine has observed about government of any kind or level – “It’s a club, and you’re not part of it.”

“Salary share” - They don’t like when we use their language against them, It seems to make them uncomfortable…

Best regards,

Comment

Why didn't Premier Moe just use his local diner and any meeting could been done by Zoom....show leadership....can't be a leader by bringing new rules and not at least trying to abide by them...

The hockey thing is just stupid...while I enjoy watching....players in these leagues could be starting a wave...it won't show up for a while though...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Exactly and then the next night they play another team with guys from a whole different area it’s brainless. I would think you could control it better in a restaurant than in a setting like the hockey bench.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Exactly and then the next night they play another team with guys from a whole different area it’s brainless. I would think you could control it better in a restaurant than in a setting like the hockey bench.
                  The problem with senior hockey is some of the players are still expecting a call from the NHL .....

Comment

They cancelled the CFL when numbers were lower.
                    Not sure why hockey and curling gets the go ahead.

Comment

Are those senior players dressing at home? Driving to away games all in different cars? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                        Players in the players box is a big problem, they needed to come up with a better idea.
                        A penalty box!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          They cancelled the CFL when numbers were lower.
                          Not sure why hockey and curling gets the go ahead.
                          Kelvington and Quill Lake curling rinks not making ICE. Wadena and Humboldt have some weekly games with distancing.

Comment

"Denver mayor tells residents to ‘avoid travel’ for Thanksgiving – then boards flight for a family gathering moments later" - to MISSISSIPPI!

https://www.rt.com/usa/507852-denver-mayor-travel-thanksgiving/ https://www.rt.com/usa/507852-denver-mayor-travel-thanksgiving/

So this is his "apology":

Michael B. Han****
                            Face with medical mask
                            @MayorHan****
                            ·
                            7h
                            I fully acknowledge that I have urged everyone to stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. I have shared how my family cancelled our plans for our traditional multi-household Thanksgiving celebration. (1/5)

What I did not share, but should have, is that my wife and my daughter have been in Mississippi, where my daughter recently took a job. As the holiday approached, I decided it would be safer for me to travel to see them than to have two family members travel back to Denver. (2/5)

I recognize that my decision has disappointed many who believe it would have been better to spend Thanksgiving alone. As a public official, whose conduct is rightly scrutinized for the message it sends to others... (3/5)

I apologize to the residents of Denver who see my decision as conflicting with the guidance to stay at home for all but essential travel. (4/5)

I made my decision as a husband and father, and for those who are angry and disappointed, I humbly ask you to forgive decisions that are borne of my heart and not my head. (5/5)

What an evil, mealy-mouthed...

Comment

This whole thing is brainless! The percentage of people dying is nothing near cancer, heart disease and stroke. We have been arguing and crying and bitching and moaning about something that comes every year and was just part of life before we were here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...