• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting "historical" numbers.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting "historical" numbers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_083344~3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	779521

Some say the repeat of late 80's early 90's won't happen.

The value of a 10-15% drop in today's land values is what I paid for most of my land....lol.

Multiple years of those decreases and it gets real ugly.

But it can't and won't happen.....ever!

Comment

Im not sure it’s actually a rise in farmland value but more of a indiction of inflation. I think a machinery cost $ chart would show similar increases.

Comment

Depends on interest rates.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
          Im not sure it’s actually a rise in farmland value but more of a indiction of inflation. I think a machinery cost $ chart would show similar increases.
          Ahem, I doubt farm machinery prices went down.

Comment

I honestly think some land is being traded around here at values that investors aren't even interested in.

I wonder if the party is just about over?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I honestly think some land is being traded around here at values that investors aren't even interested in.

I wonder if the party is just about over?
              Imho Canada will be flirting with negative interest rates this time. In that scenario assets like land will rise.

This is a whole new ball game.

Comment

I have no land bought that even a 50% correction would hurt me. Hell, not even a 75% correction off today's values.

I'm good to go.....

Current values make me nervous. But so did the purchase price of land I bought 15 to 35 years ago, lol.

Is it ok to "lol" now?

Comment

I have no land bought that even a 50% correction would hurt me. Hell, not even a 75% correction off today's values.

I'm good to go.....

Current values make me nervous. But so did the purchase price of land I bought 15 to 35 years ago, lol.

Is it ok to "lol" now?
                  It is never ok to lol, now that the precedent has been set by the chronic lol'er.
                  Make Agriville Great Again.

Comment

As interest rates fall, asset prices will rise. The trend in farmland values, especially since 2008, fits this pattern perfectly. It will be interesting to see what mayhem occurs when interest rates go negative across the board.

Comment

It appears fcc and rhe gov if Canada have a mandate of less farmers and more farms owned by Non farmers. I don’t know about other areas but mega farms built in last 5 years around here and some no one even knows who really owns them.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                        As interest rates fall, asset prices will rise. The trend in farmland values, especially since 2008, fits this pattern perfectly. It will be interesting to see what mayhem occurs when interest rates go negative across the board.
                        Have we ever been there before?

Who knows where we're headed when central bank's rudders break and fall off.

Rough seas, uncharted waters, might sink.

Loss of control?

Out of options?

What comes after negative interest rates?

Comment

I think the party is over...

You see andejilic land for sale ( the largest landowner in saskatchewan) and other large packages being sold by Toronto investor groups...

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            It appears fcc and rhe gov if Canada have a mandate of less farmers and more farms owned by Non farmers. I don’t know about other areas but mega farms built in last 5 years around here and some no one even knows who really owns them.
                            Its been government policy for decades....

Comment

Have we ever been there before?

Who knows where we're headed when central bank's rudders break and fall off.

Rough seas, uncharted waters, might sink.

Loss of control?

Out of options?

What comes after negative interest rates?
                              The end result of negative interest is a currency collapse. The division of labor starts going into reverse and a subsistence economy emerges. Of course, a subsistence economy can't sustain the population we have today. So one hopes that gold returns to its proper role as money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.