• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one grow The roundup ready invigor LR344PC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one grow The roundup ready invigor LR344PC

I have been growing Invigor L233P and like the pod shatter trait. Would like to use glyphosate as a chemical rotation for my wild oats and was wondering how this Invigor performed with its pod shatter trait and Roundup gene?

With the wind damage in some areas this fall it sounds like the Invigor pod shatter performed much better than the alternative systems.

The strip trials from BASF website look like it is an average canola similar to L233P, except possibly it lodges worse. Any real world experiences? I read a few comments about poor vigor in one thread, but there must be other growers?

Grew 100 acres of it.
    It was seeded 1st.
    Came up excellent.
    Then seem to stop growing for a week compared to 7565..92sc..and 21 sc.
    It grew 5 ft tall.
    Swathed 1 week later than the others.
    Yield was 4 b/a less than 7565..
    Not growing it again.

Comment

Partners,

Did the LR344PC stall out after it was sprayed with glyphosate?

On the BASF trials, I noticed that when this canola was sprayed with liberty it was in the top for yield. When sprayed with glyphosate it was middle of the pack for yield. Maybe the variety gets hurt more when sprayed with glyphosate than Liberty?

Comment

Yes I would say after spraying.
        But still grew way to tall. I am 5'6.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Yes I would say after spraying.
          But still grew way to tall. I am 5'6.
          Are you kneeling partners?
          To get a picture like that in the Ghetto I would have to lay on my belly and uncomfortably crane my neck and shoulders back. Good thing I do yoga.

Comment

That’s how ours looked with gopher’s heads sticking up. What’s that yellow stuff on top?

Comment

We grew 405 acres of it. Yield was on par with 255, so very good. Straw strength is lacking but it didn't go flat. It just leaned hard. The stacked traits really helped our weed problems though. Field had kochia in spots and wild oats that are group 1 and 2 resistant. Glyphosate was great on wild oats and Liberty took out kochia. We would use again on fields where these weed situations were but reserve for only that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...