• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A prospective on energies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prospective on energies

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RqppRC37OgI

Stark facts demonstrating that the "green" energy enthusiasts are indeed physics deniers.

He so clearly points out the narcissistic lies of the so-called environmentalists - it is absurdly unsustainable on a macro level..

There are, apparently, two kinds of "green" energy supporters - the very greedy and the exceedingly stupid and naive.

Comment

So I was contacted by a company looking for a site to build a 1 MW solar facility for Saskpower. About 10 acres.
      Seems I am in an area considered priority 1
      for additional energy.

So the company wants to construct this facility and lease the land for 20 years. That is the expected life of the solar cells. They drive I beam in the ground 12 ft for the foundation. He said the panels can generate electricity on both sides so they want to cover the ground with white rock to reflect the sun. I asked about weed control and finally remediation after decommissioning. That part of his pitch was pretty vague. Ok. How much revenue could I expect to get for 10 acres? $4000 annually.

So he is emailing me more info, but it is a pretty quick decision for me.

I don't think so. Sounds like Chuckenomics to me.

Comment

Wife was talking to a solar guy yesterday and it would cost 80 grand to cover our power bill, we use about
        4 thousand a year, it will take 20 years for pay back. The part I’m not sure of is, what will saskpower rates rise per year and do solar power panels really loose 5 percent efficiency every year?

It doesn’t sound like a winner, with upkeeps on panels and inverters, insuring for fire, wind,hail. I can imagine a bull getting out and using the panels as a rubbing post.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
          So I was contacted by a company looking for a site to build a 1 MW solar facility for Saskpower. About 10 acres.
          Seems I am in an area considered priority 1
          for additional energy.

So the company wants to construct this facility and lease the land for 20 years. That is the expected life of the solar cells. They drive I beam in the ground 12 ft for the foundation. He said the panels can generate electricity on both sides so they want to cover the ground with white rock to reflect the sun. I asked about weed control and finally remediation after decommissioning. That part of his pitch was pretty vague. Ok. How much revenue could I expect to get for 10 acres? $4000 annually.

So he is emailing me more info, but it is a pretty quick decision for me.

I don't think so. Sounds like Chuckenomics to me.
          An oil lease is just under $3000 for 2 acres

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            Stark facts demonstrating that the "green" energy enthusiasts are indeed physics deniers.

He so clearly points out the narcissistic lies of the so-called environmentalists - it is absurdly unsustainable on a macro level..

There are, apparently, two kinds of "green" energy supporters - the very greedy and the exceedingly stupid and naive.
            Guess which category Agrivilles most vocal useful idiot falls into?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              An oil lease is just under $3000 for 2 acres
              Only if you actually get paid anymore. 1/3 of ours are now orphans. Total PITA to collect on those.

Solar with no rules on reclamation and such ..................... wouldn’t touch it with the proverbial 10 foot stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                Wife was talking to a solar guy yesterday and it would cost 80 grand to cover our power bill, we use about
                4 thousand a year, it will take 20 years for pay back. The part I’m not sure of is, what will saskpower rates rise per year and do solar power panels really loose 5 percent efficiency every year?

It doesn’t sound like a winner, with upkeeps on panels and inverters, insuring for fire, wind,hail. I can imagine a bull getting out and using the panels as a rubbing post.
                and of that $4000 are you only counting power used ?because transmission costs (half usually) won't go away

Comment

I do believe it’s based on power used, the panels are rated to make 34 hundred kilowatts a month on average for 25 years. But a used car salesmen will tell you anything for a sale. I’d be more interested in real world numbers.
                  I’m definitely not a big power user, under 30 thousand kilowatts a year, so well under 5 thousand dollars a year.

Comment

https://www.iea.org/news/a-rapid-rise-in-battery-innovation-is-playing-a-key-role-in-clean-energy-transitions https://www.iea.org/news/a-rapid-rise-in-battery-innovation-is-playing-a-key-role-in-clean-energy-transitions

A rapid rise in battery innovation is playing a key role in clean energy transitions
                    22 September 2020

"Affordable and flexible electricity storage technologies are set to catalyse transitions to clean energy around the world, enabling cleaner electricity to penetrate a burgeoning range of applications."

Oh Oh! More bad news for the renewable deniers!

Comment

And more bad news! LOL

Why the renewable power investment opportunity could rival the smartphone boom. Plus, three REITs for riding out the second wave
                      UPDATED SEPTEMBER 28, 2020

BofA Securities analyst Haim Israel is making some tall claims about the future for hydrogen fuel, comparing the scale of the investment opportunity to smartphones before 2007 and the internet during the early 1990s.

A lot has to go right, but Mr. Israel believes hydrogen will account for 24 per cent of the world’s power usage by 2050 and the industry will generate US$2.5-trillion annually.

In a research note last week, the analyst said he sees three primary drivers behind the growth of hydrogen power: the falling costs of generating green hydrogen fuel, new technologies, and ex-U.S. government incentives promoting de-carbonization.

The current problem with hydrogen fuel is the power needed to produce it. Currently, 99 per cent of hydrogen is made using electricity generated from fossil fuels. (Interestingly, Mr. Israel notes that French industrial gas provider Air Liquide S.A. uses fossil fuels to make hydrogen, but its Cryocap technology recaptures the carbon byproduct of the process to sell as carbon dioxide to industries like beverages that need a steady supply of it).

Hydrogen power will only be fully green if renewable power is used to make it. At this stage, using renewable energy sources to produce hydrogen fuel makes it extremely expensive. Mr. Israel, however, believes a combination of technological advancement and government incentives will soon close the gap.

Hydrogen fuel also fits neatly into renewable power grids as a type of battery. For instance, excess solar power generated during the daytime hours can be used to make hydrogen for night usage.

The conversion of almost a quarter of the world’s power supply to hydrogen, however, will certainly not happen overnight.

Chemical companies like Air Liquide, Linde PLC and Air Products and Chemicals Inc. will benefit through rising hydrogen sales if and when the trend takes hold. Equipment makers like ITM Power PLC and Thyssenkrupp AG, who manufacture the machinery necessary to produce hydrogen fuel, would also see profits, and their stock prices, climb.

-- Scott Barlow, Globe and Mail market strategist

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...