• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does?

Gut feel play in your marketing pricing.

With all due respect to marketing gurus on here 101, macdon, errol, furrow, techanylist chuck and others.

Im wheat barley watcher read enormous amo7nts from reports etc all over the world but not social media to get market info always emotion in social media marketing sites unless they are very private exculisive sites.

Been thinking wheat barley toppy a week ago and should i price some more.

Didnt but gut feel canada will come in lower than thought maybe parts of soth america struggling could be another small rally before our harvest in mid oct.

Then our harvest combines will roll and often or always except worst droughts prices at start if harvest good taper often come to life in feb march.

All gut feel.

Maybe be my at times like thinking dryland farmer farma uses it a bit. Gut feel.

The best on here im sure dont.

Stuggling to how or why wheat should go alot higher in short term.

And yeah i know wheatis poverty grass to many of you

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Gut feel play in your marketing pricing.

With all due respect to marketing gurus on here 101, macdon, errol, furrow, techanylist chuck and others.

Im wheat barley watcher read enormous amo7nts from reports etc all over the world but not social media to get market info always emotion in social media marketing sites unless they are very private exculisive sites.

Been thinking wheat barley toppy a week ago and should i price some more.

Didnt but gut feel canada will come in lower than thought maybe parts of soth america struggling could be another small rally before our harvest in mid oct.

Then our harvest combines will roll and often or always except worst droughts prices at start if harvest good taper often come to life in feb march.

All gut feel.

Maybe be my at times like thinking dryland farmer farma uses it a bit. Gut feel.

The best on here im sure dont.

Stuggling to how or why wheat should go alot higher in short term.

And yeah i know wheatis poverty grass to many of you
    Ahhh Mallee,

Wheeat and Canoola,

Our 'Bread and Butter'!

Russia restricting flow...

Canada very short on Canola... certainly NOT high quality wheat... if good weather keeps it up another week on Canadian prairies...... most 'beautiful looking wheat'... in decades!!!

Comment

Went to look at a combine. Beautiful
      Canola crops all the way , so I pre sold
      A bunch of canola that day .
      I should have bought a combine
      Where the crops were poorer.
      Seems my gut is right 40 % of the
      Time.
      So dam near an expert market
      advisor then.

Comment

Yep Sawfly, you should have bought a combine east of Regina. Gophers running in the thrice-seeded Canola here. You would have bought long. You may need to buy a plane to do your crop scouting. Birds-Eye View Marketting.

Comment

Most finished or wrapping up harvest in our local area east of Regina, lots of grain bags to be seen.
          Would guess it is another year of record production.

Comment

Finishing this week.
            Last year was record.
            This year back to average.
            Heat stress damage on the hard red.
            Had to buy back a wee bit of cps contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
              Most finished or wrapping up harvest in our local area east of Regina, lots of grain bags to be seen.
              Would guess it is another year of record production.
              Well I'm obviously not "east" enough.

Grain bags here are now part of the land scape, renters use them every year, I think there are fewer bags in my area.

Definitely didn't win the rain lottery here this year. Crop pulled out the reserve moisture too. But am still greatful for what we got, it was looking pretty critical before the first decent rain came, later than last year too!

Very dry here now. No surface water and dug-outs critically low, even the wildlife seem to have moved closer to dug-outs.

We got two tenths at the beginning of last week and a tenth and a half last night. Small victories.

Comment

Anyone remember 1987 into 1988 or 1988 into 1989????

My memory is a bit lapse from back then....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.