• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roast lamb anyone

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast lamb anyone

Tasty

That is a cool picture but I bought a cattle ranch for a reason.

Comment

Lol. Not what I was thinking the pic would be. Lol We have started testing a new lamb product to retail in our stores, and restaurants mallee. It is unique, amazingly delicious, and I am extremely excited about it. I will share what it is in the coming months. I believe it is the thing that will do it for us. It makes a 50 lb hanging lamb worth close to 500 bucks. I have never tasted anything this good in my life. We will be doing trial sales starting next week and will see how it goes. My guess is it will sell like nuts.

Can you patent food products?

Oops, forgot this is a marketing forum. Sorry...

Comment

Should be able to patent a process?
        Don’t really know.

Comment

Any restaurants in my swamp vicinity serving it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Lol. Not what I was thinking the pic would be. Lol We have started testing a new lamb product to retail in our stores, and restaurants mallee. It is unique, amazingly delicious, and I am extremely excited about it. I will share what it is in the coming months. I believe it is the thing that will do it for us. It makes a 50 lb hanging lamb worth close to 500 bucks. I have never tasted anything this good in my life. We will be doing trial sales starting next week and will see how it goes. My guess is it will sell like nuts.

All the luck to you, you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

I never thought you could till they put a patent on beyond meat and sold billions in shares.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Any restaurants in my swamp vicinity serving it ?
                Lol. We were in Nipawin on Friday. Before we tasted this latest thing. We left samples of racks, shanks, and ground at two places. Not going to say which places until they place an order. I’ve learned a thing or two in this gig. 😏

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                  All the luck to you, you deserve it.
                  That is kind of you. I don’t feel I ‘deserve’ it, so much as I am thoroughly enjoying this ride we’re on these days. I had no idea I kind of had a knack for sales pitches, new idea testing, or whatever you want to call it. All this time it’s been in there, hiding. I will say, heading in to some specific places, and chatting it up with award winning chefs and well known restaurant owners, kinda reminds me of dragons den or shark tank. Kind of a unique kind of a ‘rush’ I guess?

Feel blessed and excited to have found a niche, both in products and markets, but it’s been soothing to my soul after many harsh years with little real hope or future for my farm specifically.

Comment

It is a shame that it is almost impossible to find Canadian lamb in most stores. We cant fill the domestic demand it seems. If we want a lamb locally and buy a whole lamb or a half then seasonably there are some around at times. An aside story goes that so many soldiers came back from Europe having eaten cold mutton they had such a dislike for lamb and such that it never caught on. As a child of an immigrant, lamb was regular staple at our table and I am happy to see that my kids like it as well, but my wife doesn't much care for it, need to taste it when they are young I guess. Good luck and will keep an eye out in the south east.

Comment

Yeah that mutton story is exactly a problem we have had and have worked to overcome. I ate mutton as a kid. Tallow on the roof of the mouth and tongue too. There are still a few ppl who flat out refuse to even try our lamb, because they had a bad mutton, or not great wool lamb experience in the distant past. Usually these are people of a certain age. Another thing is of course the cost, lamb is certainly a premium priced product. Not for everyone. I don’t even pretend it is anymore. Lol I’ve had shishliki for example, and racks at ‘fine’ dining restaurants, that is tough and fatty, and tallowy and so on, doesn’t help lambs reputation using what I believe are culls and trying to pass it off as lamb.

Canada imports fully 60% of the lamb we consume. Good luck finding Canadian lamb in stores indeed. The way we raise our lamb, (We don’t push them very hard, so there is a large difference in finishing times),we almost always have fresh lamb available year round. We have many cuts and products year round as we have to keep an inventory for our buyers.

We deliver all over the place, and are getting a fair number of contacts around the province, and finding it just as you say. Hard to find lamb. In our small way, we are trying to make it easier to find and access Saskatchewan lamb. In spite of roadblocks, we are making progress a step at a time.

Comment

Interesting very interesting.

My self i prefer lamb/mutton just as it cuts it two teeth, anything from 14 to 16 month more flavoursome.

A hogget is a sheep with two teeth i like it in sort of the transition from lamb to sheep.

One of our main exports is mutton cracker ewes there called usually 5 yrs old plus they go arabic country’s.

Latest food fad here is “chocolate” mutton which is actually aged hoggettt they hang it for long while 60 days until skin goes brown in cool room.

One of your target consumers sheepwheat should be greeks doubt canada is overly populated with greeks, but lamb mutton is there staple they love it along with seafood of course and indians the sub continent indians not red pheasant type.

If you hit big smoke vancouver or something and go to a greek restaurant the menu might excite you from a supplier perspective

Have a good night 7pm here having pork tonight, actually to becexact speck. You might havevtomgoogle it

Comment

PS i do like agriville when even off topic threads such as this dont denergrate into a sheeps lives matter thread, or orange sheep bad or sheepcause cl8mate change.

Agree wholeheartedly with ya tweety. Tis a great site 75% of the time

Comment

One more comment sheep wheat why dont you grow em out to 70 kg live guessing your season to short you runninto snow and extra feed costs

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                              Interesting very interesting.

My self i prefer lamb/mutton just as it cuts it two teeth, anything from 14 to 16 month more flavoursome.

A hogget is a sheep with two teeth i like it in sort of the transition from lamb to sheep.

One of our main exports is mutton cracker ewes there called usually 5 yrs old plus they go arabic country’s.

Latest food fad here is “chocolate” mutton which is actually aged hoggettt they hang it for long while 60 days until skin goes brown in cool room.

One of your target consumers sheepwheat should be greeks doubt canada is overly populated with greeks, but lamb mutton is there staple they love it along with seafood of course and indians the sub continent indians not red pheasant type.

If you hit big smoke vancouver or something and go to a greek restaurant the menu might excite you from a supplier perspective

Have a good night 7pm here having pork tonight, actually to becexact speck. You might havevtomgoogle it
                              Actually in Saskatchewan , Regina and Saskatoon most of the high end restaurants are Greek run and do the greek style lamb dishes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.