• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a while family update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while family update

Mother hits 90 on the 25th sept. Went with her to doc on Thursday doing fine as fit as a 75 yr old he said, on some potent blood thinners which of course cause issues with nicks and cuts etc.

Still has giant cell arteritis not sure if I told ya that on medication for that, kinda rare had it for maybe 5 yrs.

Happy to be home despite her stubbornness and no way am I going home a few months ago, really glad she did. Had just one fall in the garden only a week ago managed to get up just, didn’t have her walker.

Meals on wheels 5 days a week

Nurses check her shower her make sure she takes medication 3 times a week, then home help cleaning dishes washing etc 3 hours a week and 1 hour a week home maintainence lawn gutters window cleaning etc. All of this for $35 per week. Old folks home $425 from memory per week.

Mrs mallee going ok at best struggling at worse. I cook 70% of time ah she’s losing weight......
    Washing floors etc her friend who lives in one of our farm houses tends the horses.
    Her mum comes up from big smoke once a week as well 1 hour 20 minutes away.

Had xrays 2 weeks ago still showed some fractures.

Onwards and upwards and beyond.

Rain incoming maybe need it 85 kms winds today and 29.5c

Click image for larger version

Name:	19F788A6-0868-4197-9E52-39132D6CCC20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	779478

Name:	4D19E922-5CC9-479E-8422-6BE6508EEA5B.jpg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	779479

Name:	A672B560-3E4B-48A1-8303-4541FC917896.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	779480

Didn’t word that the best what’s new, meals on wheels nurses bring it in daily 5 days a week, the nurses for medical stuff 3 days a week between they make sure she does tablets medication.

Comment

nice to hear mallee, glad you are far away from the aussie militia harrassing people in the big cities. I never in a million yrs thought I would see something like that in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        nice to hear mallee, glad you are far away from the aussie militia harrassing people in the big cities. I never in a million yrs thought I would see something like that in your country.
        So your glad to hear good news about an elderly person are you sure? Because on every other thread you state basically old people die so what if it’s Covid or anything else. Why the caring gesture in this case is it because someone you sort of know on line?

Comment

Fair suck of the sav bW

He’s passing on good wishes

Comment

Looks like BW has corona derangement symptoms. CDS

Good luck with the family Malleefarmer, keep the wife off the horses, them buggers are evil!

Comment

Glad to hear both are improving. Your wife had serious injuries so it will be a slow path to recovery.

I was amazed at all the services available for your mother at such a reasonable cost. With support like that she will do pretty well in her own home.

Lots of added responsibility for you. But good on you for looking after them.

Comment

People of advanced age in our society usually make the traumatic move from their home to assisted living accomodation. This type of assisted apartment, condo living ranges in price from $1000 ish a month to $5000 and up. Home care is very affordable and punctual here too. After a few falls or mild strokes, etc they are shuffled into long-term care where all their needs are attended to. Depending if you are in the public system (income adjusted) or vie for the more expensive private care homes, costs can easily be in the $3500-$5000 range. I have even heard $7000/month bandied about. Rural Saskatchewan may be a bit different.

Comment

[QUOTE=LEP;466176]Glad to hear both are improving.

I was amazed at all the services available for your mother at such a reasonable cost. With support like that she will do pretty well in her own home.

Better clarify this.
                  Its a govt lets call it sponsered programme, made available to certain local areas across south australia that were in the grips of drought over last 3 years.

There is a “bucket” of money available for theybthink 4 years until,it runs out. Then will have to pay full tote odds

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.