• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFSC throws a bone

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFSC throws a bone

Apparently they are moving the seeding deadlines back like they have in other soggy years. My brother just found out today and I wasn’t sure if everyone else knew.

Not sure if we’ll even be able to take “advantage” of this or not the way these storms keep rolling in now.

Not really, at this point in time it is likely optimal to just clean out the seeding equipment and collect $50 except for those fields used for green feed. They are hoping that you have earlier seeded stuff to subsidize later seeded stuff. International Grain Agency just called for record corn and wheat production this year which is total BS with all the production problems around the globe. We got just over an inch and some of the stuff seeded last week will be flooded out already as it was mudded in last week.

Comment

No promise they will pay unseeded been in this before and they didnt decide to pay till september, probably figures will show enough got in to cancell unseeded.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
        No promise they will pay unseeded been in this before and they didnt decide to pay till september, probably figures will show enough got in to cancell unseeded.
        Ya I think they have to have something like 10% unseeded acres to declare the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Apparently they are moving the seeding deadlines back like they have in other soggy years. My brother just found out today and I wasn’t sure if everyone else knew.

Not sure if we’ll even be able to take “advantage” of this or not the way these storms keep rolling in now.
          Thanks, was wondering if they were gonna do that.

Comment

Would they still lump all acres together to get the average for the farm?

Comment

They average over a huge set area, your farm is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Would they still lump all acres together to get the average for the farm?
                You mean if half your canola is seeded middle of May and the other half in June 1-5 to calculate your production? We did that a few years ago when they extended the deadline and it made no difference to figuring out your bushels of production.

Rolling the dice on putting in canola tomorrow here............ as long as the black clouds can stay away. Floating it on as the drill would need pontoons on it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.