• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bibeau says...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bibeau says...

Farmers need to tap into existing programs before new money flows. Including the 252 million dollar farce of which zero farmers got a penny, nor will get a penny.

I presume she’s talking agriinvest? CTV news and 650 news talk.

Anyway...

Yup. 2 Billion sitting in Agri Invest. The problem is the farmers who need help probably have drained their agri invest and the $2 billion is in the hands of farmers who don't need it as much.

Comment

So everyone who took CERB drained their savings and investments beforehand?

****ing frog ****.

Comment

The American farmer gets another payment from their government. $.3 to $.67 per bushel because the markets are soft

Comment

I am genuinely curious why you would leave money in an Agri Invest account. If you don’t need the money surely it could get a higher return somewhere. I have never left mine in more than a day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
            I am genuinely curious why you would leave money in an Agri Invest account. If you don’t need the money surely it could get a higher return somewhere. I have never left mine in more than a day lol.
            True but I've left mine waiting for a lower profit year to minimize the tax burden. Also does feel kinda nice knowing the money is there and can be accessed immediately when the shit hits the fan.

And if I had withdrawn a year ago and put in the markets, we both know I'd have less than I do now.

Comment

I did leave money in my Agrinvest account it didn’t matter if it sits there, yea better return other places some will argue but I don’t care. Monday it will be pulled and put someplace special.

Piss on her I’m sick of these liberal fools.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                True but I've left mine waiting for a lower profit year to minimize the tax burden. Also does feel kinda nice knowing the money is there and can be accessed immediately when the shit hits the fan.

And if I had withdrawn a year ago and put in the markets, we both know I'd have less than I do now.
                I hadn’t thought of taxes, I guess you can tell it’s been a while since I have been in the black.

Comment

Good points on the tax low income year you empty it.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    Looks like opportunity knocking this year. I have been taking mine out slowly hoping there will be enough to make it through to retirement. With how crappy the weather has been here, taxes are the last thing to worry about.

Comment

I take mine out every year and reinvest it. Lots are using it as a retirement fund and it is backfiring if you leave it there the gov wont think farmers need any help. Its not Agri-retire

Comment

As long as I'm paying interest on debt I'll be cashing out the Agrinvest.

Comment

BOBOO did she ask every Canadian in Toronto Montreal Ottawa to use there saving accounts or TFSA to get the Fed Money. The answer is NO.

The simple answer is this is a total kick at Canadian Farmers by the most usless gov in Canadian History.

Comment

Why worry everyone....while sitting in the tractor or sprayer cab which I find to be a prison lately .....I hear the DO MORE AG ads on the radio then I go to weather band and listen to the french version of the local conditions...

90 percent of the time when I turn to the weather I catch the french version...then I start daydreaming and miss the english version...

Totally tuned out...

Do more ag ...being an agvocate....and ag more than ever.....are definitely helping farmers....sarcasm...

The general public worries about their debt with job losses and Trudeau moved quickly...

Farmers with issues in trade , poor 2019 harvest and the federal government ignored the problem and so did the farm groups ...they have no voice or influence..federally or provincially...

Comment

Some things never change ! Farmers whining they arnt making enough money on free money,trying to hide tax ,taking on more land to farm, all, the while loosing money and crying all the way to the bank,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.