• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 levels too low?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO2 levels too low?

CO2 monitor in my house is often showing the low alert warning. Below optimal for plant growth. Im going to take it and put it in the field to see what it says out there.

Yes, CO2 levels, while slightly improved thanks to recent warming compared their starvation level lows over a century ago(resulting from the little ice age), they are still precipitously low. If you had your monitor out throughout the era of life on earth, todays level is so low in comparison, that your monitor likely wouldn't even be designed to read this low, and you would have all sorts of warnings and error messages right now.

Comment

CO2 bad, tax good, so we have been told by the people with the crayons up their noses.

Comment

Is the conclusion drawn from a junior high climate science project? Your grade is an F!

Since you think you have this climate change thing figured out take your home science kit And work on a Covid vaccine!

Comment

I would say there isn't enough heavy breathing going on in your house.

Comment

Lame junior high science matched by junior high Intellect and insults by some posters. Are we starting to see a pattern here?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
              I would say there isn't enough heavy breathing going on in your house.
              See, now this is how science works. Someone noted a measured observation. Now another poster has put forth a hypothesis as to what maybe causing that. Now we just need To devise an experiment to prove or disprove the hypothesis and draw a conclusion.

Comment

Chuck, perhaps you could apply some of your scientific credentials and prove me wrong. Please show that 400 ppm CO2 is not dangerously close to the lowest level since life began on earth. And while you are at it, you could perhaps attempt to show the correlation between CO2 and temperature over that same time span.

My kids are in Junior high science right now(at home of course) and I am pleased to report that they are still teaching the concept of photosynthesis. Not sure what era Chuck went to school in?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Chuck, perhaps you could apply some of your scientific credentials and prove me wrong. Please show that 400 ppm CO2 is not dangerously close to the lowest level since life began on earth. And while you are at it, you could perhaps attempt to show the correlation between CO2 and temperature over that same time span.

My kids are in Junior high science right now(at home of course) and I am pleased to report that they are still teaching the concept of photosynthesis. Not sure what era Chuck went to school in?
                  No need to plow this ground again is there? It’s all well documented at NASA, NOAA etc. But there both Marxist organizations correct?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    No need to plow this ground again is there?
                    Yet another reference to agricultural practices. You're credibility is improving quickly. Even if your understanding of tillage methods in the semi arid Canadian plains is about a century behind.

It is interesting that you use the American spelling of Plough though. Given your anti American stance on everything else.

Comment

It’s a metaphor. A figure of speech. Are you still into literal interpretations of the bible? If you can’t seed do your own research on CO2 and temperature. But try to source your information from credible scientific organizations.
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; May 23, 2020, 11:45.

Comment

Chuck why do think the liberals won't release a number on reduction of carbon dioxide in tons as a result of the carbon tax.

1) they didn't do the math.
                        2) they don't know how to do math.
                        3) they did the math and realize the reduction by Canadians would be absolutely insignificant on a global scale.
                        4) they just want to remind the us how arrogant they are.
                        5) the number is soooo big they want to surprise us before the next election.

Usually when Governments can brag about something positive they have done or will be doing it's all over the news backed by actual numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          It’s a metaphor. A figure of speech. Are you still into literal interpretations of the bible? If you can’t seed do your own research on CO2 and temperature. But try to source your information from credible scientific organizations.
                          I just did a quick search and it seems to indicate that NOAA and NASA only claim to show the instrument record. Life on earth predates the instrument record by quite a lot actually. So if the entirety of your sources only deal with the instrument record that doesn't explain why you would be deluded into thinking these are dangerously high levels.

As for your reference to the Bible, I don't read fiction books, Let alone waste any time trying to interpret them. I thought you were trying to discuss scientific literature, why did you bring storybooks into it ?

Comment

To funny
                            Mention C02 and Chucky jumps to life!
                            Talk farming Yawn💤💤💤

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              To funny
                              Mention C02 and Chucky jumps to life!
                              Talk farming Yawn💤💤💤
                              How true, he must have some sort of filters set up to notify him when his presence is required to straighten us all out.

However in this case I get the impression that it may have been the crayon comment that hit a little too close to Home that triggered him rather than the CO2

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.