• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This drives me nuts.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This drives me nuts.....

On Sunday, Global Affairs Canada announced $159.5 million in aid to international partners. It will be dispersed to organizations like the United Nations and the World Health Organization (WHO) and provide support for vaccine development. Of the total, $30 million will be split between countries that have made specific requests of Canada.

Why are we borrowing money to give it away?????????????????

This is just nuts and drives me crazy also. Throwing money away to that corrupt organisation when we have no money!

Heard Trump was going to stop paying WHO because they played this virus so wrong.

Comment

Hope Trudeau ends up in jail soon. Trump has the right idea.

Comment

Could it be that Trudeau actually does have an ankle bracelet on. Any of the pics of him his left pant leg has a bulge. This pic is from yahoo finance

Comment

He got a day pass today to go to parliament.......

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            On Sunday, Global Affairs Canada announced $159.5 million in aid to international partners. It will be dispersed to organizations like the United Nations and the World Health Organization (WHO) and provide support for vaccine development. Of the total, $30 million will be split between countries that have made specific requests of Canada.

Why are we borrowing money to give it away?????????????????
            I brought this up a while ago , giving money to help his own ambitions... again
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 9, 2020, 00:02.

Comment

it could be a piss bag

Comment

With so many people believing that borrowing and spending has no practical limits, news like this doesn't surprise me. The only limitation these people seem to acknowledge is the limits of their imagination for ways in which borrowed capital can be consumed.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/07/trump-coronavirus-who-funding-deaths-briefing https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/07/trump-coronavirus-who-funding-deaths-briefing

Trump threatens to hold WHO funding, then backtracks, amid search for scapegoat

US president’s early inaction in pandemic has come under renewed scrutiny in recent days as coronavirus death toll grows

David Smith in Washington
                  @smithinamerica

Wed 8 Apr 2020 03.07 BST
                  Last modified on Wed 8 Apr 2020 14.47 BST

Donald Trump blames WHO for dire situation in the US, threatens to pull funding – video

Donald Trump hunted for a new scapegoat on Tuesday in an increasingly frantic attempt to shift blame for thousands of American deaths from the coronavirus, accusing the World Health Organization (WHO) of having “called it wrong” and being “China-centric”.

The US president contradicted himself within minutes, first vowing to put “a very powerful hold” on his government’s funding of the WHO, then insisting such a freeze was only under consideration.

Trump’s early inaction has come under renewed scrutiny in the past day after a New York Times report that Peter Navarro, Trump’s trade adviser, warned in a memo in late January that the virus could put millions of Americans at risk and cost trillions of dollars. Susan Rice, a former national security adviser, told the Washington Post that Trump’s missteps “cost tens of thousands of American lives”.
                  Trump was warned in January of Covid-19's devastating impact, memos reveal
                  Read more

The president has repeatedly denied responsibility and sought to blame China, the Obama administration and the media. On Tuesday, with the US death toll exceeding 12,000, he unleashed a tirade at the WHO, even though it raised the alarm in January, after which he made statements downplaying it and comparing it to the common flu.

“They’ve been wrong about a lot of things,” Trump said at the daily White House coronavirus task force briefing. “And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to – they seemed to be very China centric” – implying that the WHO had toed the line of Beijing’s early efforts to minimise the scale of the outbreak.

Shaking his head peevishly, he added: “They called it wrong, they called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known and they should have known and they probably did know. So we’ll be looking into that very carefully and we’re going to put a hold on money spent [sic] to the WHO.
                  Advertisement

“We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it and we’re going to see. It’s a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong, it’s not good.”

But soon after, Trump was asked if the middle of a pandemic was the time to suspend money for the WHO. “No, maybe not,” he replied, backtracking from his earlier remark. “I’m not saying I’m going to do it but we’re going to look at.”

A reporter interjected: “You did say that –”

Trump retorted: “No, I didn’t, I said we’re going to look at it. We’re going to investigate it, we’re going to look at it. But we will look at ending funding, yeah, because you know what, they called it wrong, and if you look back over the years even, everything seems to be very biased toward China. That’s not right.”
                  Coronavirus: the week explained - sign up for our email newsletter
                  Read more

The WHO declared Covid-19 a public health emergency on 30 January, nearly a month before Trump tweeted: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA”, and proclaimed: “One day – it’s like a miracle - it will disappear.” He eventually declared a national emergency on 13 March.

Trump has long been sceptical about multinational organisations. In its most recent budget proposal, in February, his administration requested a reduction of the American contribution to the WHO from an estimated $122.6m to $57.9m.

On Tuesday, the president also played down January and February memos from Navarro, saying he had not seen them at the time but did “more or less” what his trade adviser suggested by imposing travel restrictions on China. (It was reported this week that nearly 40,000 people have flown from China to the US since the partial ban came into effect on 2 February.)

He would not have wanted to act prematurely, Trump added, when it was not clear how bad the situation would become. “I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else. I’m not going to go out and start screaming: ‘This could happen, this could happen.’ I’m a cheerleader for this country.”

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/donald-trump-coronavirus-memos-warning-peter-navarro https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/donald-trump-coronavirus-memos-warning-peter-navarro

Trump was warned in January of Covid-19's devastating impact, memos reveal

Donald Trump was warned at the end of January by one of his top White House advisers that coronavirus had the potential to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans and derail the US economy, unless tough action were taken immediately, new memos have revealed.
                    The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

The memos were written by Trump’s economic adviser, Peter Navarro, and circulated via the National Security Council widely around the White House and federal agencies.

They show that even within the Trump administration alarm bells were ringing by late January, at a time when the president was consistently downplaying the threat of Covid-19.

According to figures from Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, by Tuesday more than 368,000 cases of Covid-19 had been confirmed in the US and more than 11,000 people had died. New York is the hardest-hit state: on Tuesday the governor, Andrew Cuomo, said the death toll was nearly 5,500, after the biggest single-day increase.
                    Advertisement

More than 1,000 have died in New Jersey and more than 700 in Michigan. California and Louisiana are also leading hotspots.

As Cuomo spoke, and as reports about the Navarro memos dominated media coverage, Trump tweeted angrily.

Comment

Comment

Icing on the cake would be if Corona gets Sleepy Joe.

Comment

Yup that might be the only way Trump wins against Biden!

The Republicans must be getting worried. Trump will find it difficult to run on a strong economy.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Yup that might be the only way Trump wins against Biden!

The Republicans must be getting worried. Trump will find it difficult to run on a strong economy.
                            shit, i will take that wager , how much?

Comment

The only WHO I want to listen to has Pete Townsend playing guitar.
                              Last edited by Braveheart; Apr 10, 2020, 11:41.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.