• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up on Wheat. USA Winter wheat.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up on Wheat. USA Winter wheat.

So the wheat I looked at three weeks ago would now be fully headed in Texas and Most of Oklahoma and Iowa. If it freezes the way they are talking as far south as Texas or the Gulf how will this effect Canadian HRS Wheat for fall?

My thought is wheat will look way better now. Could pick up some acres.

But Canada has another problem.

Grain Companies react first and will try to buy all the spring thrashed wheat as a lower grade because they can and then sell it for top dollar.

Watch its coming.

Wheat is it or not.

Looking like a few more potential wheat acres as a few of the grain companies have some basis options available for new crop. They might know more than us!!

Comment

Next Monday will be the start. There is disagreement in the models as to how far south frost will go and how intense it will be.
      Kansas probabilities are good that it could hang around for quite a few hours/days before moving out.
      What is also know is that there are going to be some 70's and 80's today in those areas. The cold could do a pretty good number on crops.
      At the very least this should give some upwards direction to prices till forecasts come into agreement.

Comment

Winter wheat has more lives than a cat...but the one thing that is seldom noticed is the number of acres....even with large BPA ...overall volume won't be there...

Isn't it the lowest winter wheat planting in 100 years?

Comment

If I had a bushel of oats for every time in my 28 crops that I heard winter wheat froze stateside, or it got cold down there, or it’s not raining down there, watch prices react, I would be retired on my own private island somewhere.

It is fine to be hopeful, but really, how many times does it take?

Maybe this will be the one. I hope so, but we need to be real.

Also, wheat is a dangerous crop to grow in western Canada, especially if we get a late start and no summer like some are saying.

I dunno. Had a rough day yesterday. Kind of in a cynical mood right now.

Comment

I agree with you sheep but the wheat is in flowering mode and how well does Canadian wheat do if it freezes.

They have less acreage this year for sure.

It was awsome but a friend says the disease is hurting also now.

So yes if the frost event happens for two to three days over easter that will take out lots of wheat.

They then put cows on the ground and seed to soy or corn or cotton later on.

They almost want frost. They get paid if it's dead.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9ED393E3-2759-4586-AFB8-248207680387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	769600

The above is Kansas three weeks ago Friday.

Name:	05617F95-6917-45D3-A0A0-AB2D3C05B0E9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	769601

The above is Texas Oklahoma boarder and it was headed three weeks who or just about on all.

So three day frost will hurt.

Yes Trudeau is still a moron that’s true and if it freezes for three days the above will have issues.

It’s 80 plus the last few days with lots of moisture

Comment

What is Drew forecasting for frost in Kansas?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Winter wheat has more lives than a cat...but the one thing that is seldom noticed is the number of acres....even with large BPA ...overall volume won't be there...

Isn't it the lowest winter wheat planting in 100 years?

Name:	US wht planted.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	769602

Name:	Wh Yield.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	769603

Comment

Could be some damage...
                    https://www.yr.no/place/United_States/Iowa/Wichita/hour_by_hour.html https://www.yr.no/place/United_States/Iowa/Wichita/hour_by_hour.html
                    Not all forecasters see quite as cold as yr.no is forecasting for the top producing regions of Kansas and Oklahoma and Texas..

Other areas will see a lot of frost. Colorado, Nebraska, Northwest Kansas. Crops at all different stages but would definitely be a setback.
                    Last edited by farming101; Apr 12, 2020, 17:58.

Comment

This was from a few days ago

Comment

Kansas and Nebraska frost, wheat prices down slightly.

Comment

Comment

Nice moves in wheat this morning, is this only about Russians saying they may restrict exports? or are they starting to notice damage in the winter wheat from last week?

Hard spring wheat still dragging it's as, compared to Kansas and Chicago. I guess they don't need a spring rally to get wheat planted. Lots of durum still left over(from last USDA report)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...