• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 day forecast

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 day forecast

Looks on the colder side for now
    Still looks like mid winter here , and in many areas. Had about 4-5 in yesterday again, heavy wet snow .

Not a good spring for the guys looking to get an early start on the spring harvest.
    Geezus, I hope I never have to say that again

Comment

Yeah pretty rough looking forecast. If true it will cause trouble. Highest temp for us in the two week is plus 4. About half the days show highs of below zero. So by the 21st of April, we will have not been above plus five. That is plain crazy.

While not shocking to be cold in April, the difference is that absolutely ZERO melting has occurred. That is what makes this so strange. Tough when you are kind of relying on overwintered crop/crop insurance funds to help prep for spring, and you can’t get at it even.

Yeah we got a five inch really wet dump yesterday too. Pretty bad looking.

But, forecasts have been wrong before!

Comment

Can you guys in alberts still change your coverage late April?

Comment

Yes we have till end of april

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
            Yes we have till end of april
            I sure wish we d get smarter here and vote these Ndp ers our and elect a Sask party government soon. I heard they re backed by farmers and really do good things on the side of farmers.

Like having an extra month to decide whether or not to take this *** shit crap insurance sure would be nice. Or lowering premiums. Or fix the agristability the other guys fkd up what was the name of that party I forget? The one that said they couldn’t fund a better ag program so they gutted it. Then backed friends that started owning farmers land.

Comment

Well our "chance of flurries" turned into full on heavy wet snow this am.

Comment

6 more inches of wet shit here last few days

Comment

First Daughter born April 13 in 1991. Sunny warm day with all the snow gone. Around 20 degrees the day we brought her home from town. Second Daughter born April 8 1993 Most of the snow gone just l little cooler than 91. My Mother always says the water would run here between April 7-10th.

Last couple year those dates aren't even chose to showing spring. Yet it will be hottest year ever!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E88331EA-EFB1-48CB-B160-A32B727E8005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	769598
                    The last three springs like this and no summers , its just weather , right chuck ?

Comment

Climate Newsletter out of Winnipeg is calling for a very cold spring and summer.

Usually a cool summer means a delayed harvest. If I have to combine snow flattened crop again. Not sure if I have it in me. That would be 4 out of 5 years.
                      Last edited by LEP; Apr 7, 2020, 19:14.

Comment

6 in of heavy snow yesterday on top of the 2ft we already have, forecast for next 7 days is about 7 degrees below average, we're going to need some warm weather soon if we want to get going by mid May. Looking at my crop insurance and thinking about insuring for too wet to seed acres. Has anyone heard Drew's pridiction's for this spring and summer?

Comment

Feels like mid March here instead of mid April and the trend looks to continue.

This trail had been plowed out yesterday and could hardly get the feed truck through. Only been adding to the snowpack instead of shrinking it. The ground was fully saturated before freeze up so seeding will most likely be interesting......... again.

Good luck everyone 🍀

Comment

Oops 😬
                            Forgot the other picture.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

Oops 😬
                              Forgot the other picture.
                              What kinda truck is that sort of looks like a Jeep J10 hood but side hinges have me baffled?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.