• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up for cattle guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up for cattle guys

If you are needing ivermectin for worming at all this spring I would encourage you to stock up. News of the ivermectin study from down under has hit the US and people are buying to treat themselves, forcing stores to take it off the shelves.

Tractor Supply chain in the US just pulled it from all their stores.

Which is more effective pour-on or injectable.

Comment

Holy shite! People are even dumber than I thought. Don’t imagine the ivermectin they take will work anyway cause it sure wasn’t worth a ship on what we poured this fall.

Comment

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/ivermectin.html https://www.drugs.com/mtm/ivermectin.html
        Ivermectin dosing information
        Usual Adult Dose for Onchocerciasis:
        0.15 mg/kg orally once every 12 months
        Patients with heavy ocular infection may require retreatment every 6 months. Retreatment may be considered at intervals as short as 3 months.

Dosage guidelines based on body weight:
        15 to 25 kg: 3 mg orally one time
        26 to 44 kg: 6 mg orally one time
        45 to 64 kg: 9 mg orally one time
        65 to 84 kg: 12 mg orally one time
        85 kg or more: 0.15 mg/kg orally one time
        Usual Adult Dose for Strongyloidiasis:
        0.2 mg/kg orally once
        In immunocompromised (including HIV) patients, the treatment of strongyloidiasis may be refractory requiring repeated treatment (i.e., every 2 weeks) and suppressive therapy (i.e., once a month), although well-controlled studies are not available. Cure may not be achievable in these patients.

Dosage guidelines based on body weight:
        15 to 24 kg: 3 mg orally one time
        25 to 35 kg: 6 mg orally one time
        36 to 50 kg: 9 mg orally one time
        51 to 65 kg: 12 mg orally one time
        66 to 79 kg: 15 mg orally one time
        80 kg or more: 0.2 mg/kg orally one time

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
          Injectable is supposed to be a lot easier to swallow. Pour-on has a little too much kick with the alcohol in it.

Comment

I know a guy that washed his hands with ivermectin, wife put the contents of an almost empty bottle in a soap dispenser type of container and the guy washed his hands with it whenever he came in the house.
            Didn’t kill him yet, was probably twenty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
              I can not see swallowing pour on ivomec.but I could believe absorbing injectable ivomec under your tongue.i have both.pour on for cows and injectable for my cats ear mites.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                I know a guy that washed his hands with ivermectin, wife put the contents of an almost empty bottle in a soap dispenser type of container and the guy washed his hands with it whenever he came in the house.
                Didn’t kill him yet, was probably twenty years ago.
                We need the rest of the story. Was his wife trying to kill him by disguising it as soap, and failed, or is it a really effective hand cleaner, and this was intentional? Or just an accident due to not labeling the container?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  We need the rest of the story. Was his wife trying to kill him by disguising it as soap, and failed, or is it a really effective hand cleaner, and this was intentional? Or just an accident due to not labeling the container?
                  We need to know if she locked him in the squeeze head gate?

Comment

Ivermectin appears very safe for humans:

The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

Author links open overlay panelLeonCaly1Julian D.Druce1Mike G.Catton1David A.Jans2Kylie M.Wagstaff2
                    Show more
                    https://doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104787Get rights and content
                    Under a Creative Commons licenseopen access
                    Highlights
                    •
                    Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.

•
                    A single treatment able to effect ∼5000-fold reduction in virus at 48h in cell culture.

•
                    Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for repurposing.

•
                    Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

No scrabies or worms in that fellow!

Since an preventative antiviral... as well...

Comment

Just over a year ago I was picked for a random check at airport for a hand swob.The machine lit up red from the swob.Only thing I could think may have triggered it was I ivomected my cows only a day or two before.and ivomec has glycerin in it.

Comment

I don’t think it was intentional but you never know, the auction sale is this week, it sounds like a very nasty parting of ways.

Comment

Maybe not cheaper to keep her?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Maybe not cheaper to keep her?
                            I know way to many people that should have listened to that song!

Comment

I got 30 litres leftover in the shop that only set back the lice this winter. I thought it was worthless but now ........... open to offers??😉

No way they’d let something worth $10/L be a “treatment” when the dose is measured in CC’s.

Crazy times indeed

P.S. what’s the next “cure” to be talked about ............... glyphosate 😆 better hide my totes now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.