• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did they think would happen?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did they think would happen?????

COVID-19 outbreak found in temporary foreign workers in B.C.

Meanwhile a million healthy Canadians sit on their ass ....

And a Prime Minister waiting to say he has it so he can keep coming out like little birdie every day saying how much he is doing.....
    Last edited by bucket; Apr 2, 2020, 11:31.

Good points Bucket. Hopefully all of these temporary workers are in a quarantine for 14 days after getting here. A few of us on here suggested using unemployed workers or students but we were lectured that these workers are very skilled and operate million $ machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Good points Bucket. Hopefully all of these temporary workers are in a quarantine for 14 days after getting here. A few of us on here suggested using unemployed workers or students but we were lectured that these workers are very skilled and operate million $ machines.
      Exactly....both the SARM and APAS people have said the TFW are skilled labour ....interesting that skilled labour at these farms are making sub standard wages....

I was told these people are important because it will make the difference if we have fruit and vegetables in Canada....

We have fruits at the Pride parades and vegetables that don't want to work....just a little funny ...not that there is anything wrong with that....Seinfeld circa. the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Exactly....both the SARM and APAS people have said the TFW are skilled labour ....interesting that skilled labour at these farms are making sub standard wages....

I was told these people are important because it will make the difference if we have fruit and vegetables in Canada....

We have fruits at the Pride parades and vegetables that don't want to work....just a little funny ...not that there is anything wrong with that....Seinfeld circa. the 90s
        Belly Laughed at that.

Honestly already.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Personally know some very highly skilled people on ei right now, watching Netflix, who would probably rather get out of there houses and do something. But we need the temporary foreign workers?

Comment

If I still didn't have harvest and calving and then seeding to contend with....I would love to learn how to prune apple trees....

And properly grow strawberries or any fruit trees...I would love to learn that stuff...

I enjoy making apple pies in the fall...we are still enjoying frozen raspberries now from the garden as well as sour cherries...

Apples had to be used up but the wife made some apple sauce to cook with...

I still need an upgrade on my skills to do the gardening thing though.

Comment

Pretty much my summer job now. A little help from Google and some sweat. Not hard at all. Have grown hascaps from seed from our own shrubs. We even grow g****s on top of sour cherries nankings and strawberries raspberries Saskatoon's apples plums. Lots of freezer space needed though. Process most in fall and spring in time for summer to fall sales. Small enterprise but lucrative and good for the soul. G****s central Sask the most amazing.
              Last edited by binthere; Apr 2, 2020, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                Pretty much my summer job now. A little help from Google and some sweat. Not hard at all. Have grown hascaps from seed from our own shrubs. We even grow g****s on top of sour cherries nankings and strawberries raspberries Saskatoon's apples plums. Lots of freezer space needed though. Process most in fall and spring in time for summer to fall sales. Small enterprise but lucrative and good for the soul. G****s central Sask the most amazing.
                Oh good a resource....let me ask you why I can't my haskaps to produce....do you cover them to keep the birds from taking them when they change so slightly...

I don't seem to be able to get the nice full juicy berries like the pictures....

My wife hates picking saskatoons but the farm has so many natural patches I can't.. not pick them....she made a saskatoon pie the other day and appreciates that at this time of year...

Your right... its good for the soul...unless its like AL Bundy from Married With Children fame when he tried gardening to relax.......I feel like a failed shoe salesman most days...
                Last edited by bucket; Apr 2, 2020, 14:00.

Comment

Netting very important and early. Waxwings will clean you out. The more shrubs the more birds. Pick when they start falling off. The wild Saskatoon's have not produced around us for years no fires to scorch and regrow. The planted saskatoons need pruning(tall or diseased branches) to make new leaders. A light anti fungal and insecticide spray also just before blooming and after blooming before Berrie growth if possible. You won't regret a hascap pie.
                  Last edited by binthere; Apr 2, 2020, 14:51.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...