• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Fertilizer Increases

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Fertilizer Increases

Price had been staying steady if not declining coming into march. Prices are jumping substantially here now it seems. ESN will be up $105/mT over the span of a month, 11-52 up about the same.

Over the last few years there really hasn't been much of a spring price increase, but the nosediving dollar is likely the excuse this year.

Urea prices have increased $50.00/tonne since Dec/2019 according to my long term supplier. Fall purchasing for me has been 14 out of 15 years cheaper. (Manitoba)

The one year when I did buy in the spring was when 46-0-0 went to around $900.00 a tonne.

Comment

If your spring is late like around here, buy hand to mouth. Last year fertilizer went down as the season progressed. Over the past five years there has not been enough change to pay for bins as you have to subtract the negative return years from the positive. The lower dollar this year will likely make pre buys worth it if it is on farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...