• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Dollar History Refresher

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Dollar History Refresher

Given the importance of the Canadian Dollar to our industry I wanted to provide a quick recap of history in case we are in for a repeat.

October 1, 2008 saw the Can$ open at $.9432 with things about to get real. At the peak of the selling, the low for the month of October was $.7686, down $.1746.

If this is as bad as 2008, and in many ways it could end up much worse, from a starting point of $.7438 to begin March, a similar move would leave us at $.5692.

Given the Australian Dollar hit $.5510 last week after starting the year at $.7024, it is not out of the question (for us to dip below $.60).

This is not a forecast for such a move, merely a heads up.

That said, the monthly continuation chart has had a signal that I follow suggesting an initial target of $.5920 with a secondary target at $.54 (triggered in November 2017). I didn't put much weight in it given the magnitude of the move (other than to have a weak bias to the Can$ in the short term). Given today's realities, who knows?

I would take his charts and opinion ahead of CBC or CNN

And thanks for the refresher, I thought .60 was a realistic target with skippy as the under the influence PM, before the last 4 weeks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.