• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A week to ten days is a long time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week to ten days is a long time

Posted a while back as above that wool market was buoyant even rising after initial falls.

Well the ole dead cat bounce.

Some Indian wooden mills / processors shut up shop Friday and Monday cv19

High end European mills doing the same.

Market is in free fall wool being offered no bids. Almost 50%

Tongue in cheek but strange ya know never seen wool market plummet because of something no worse than the flu. Market gurus suggested locking in will prices 5 weeks ago hindsight eh.

So my $2000 bales of wool are now worth $1000

Snowballs only roll downhill.

No stimulus package for me I bet effing unemployed getting extra every week sucks.

Lamb holding up contracted 400 lambs at $7.90 carcase weight done from $8.50 about 6 weeks ago hanging tough.

Last comment try to keep out of cv19 arguments prefer to say how it’s affecting my bottom line rather than curves death rates isolation etc etc been done adnauseum

Aust govt stimulus packages over last 3 weeks has hit 62% of gross domestic product of last year.

Somewhere along the line we’re gonna get the shitz taxed out of us.

At least grains holding up and looks like it will

Wow. 62% of GDP. Like GDR mentioned on another thread, it is rolling out a little too soon. People really won't feel the consequences of their own poor planning with all this coddling from the government.

Like was stated before there should be a surtax in the future on those that received bailout money. Likely the only thing my family will get out of this is a huge tax bill.

Comment

Tax room is basically maxed out for governments of all stripes. Debt service costs will now consume budgets. They are going to borrow until bankrupt. Spending will have to be slashed (as it should be). In the interim, expect that highways department budgets will bear the brunt of spending cuts. Roads will fall into severe disrepair.

Comment

Right now the central banks must float the economy that was in existence prior to the crash. It must be kept on life support till it is clear what will be the state of the economy on the other side of this.
        Only then will tough decisions began to be made as to what we need and what we don't.

I should add that right away a reevaluation is in order. Trim the fat, it has become totally unnecessary.

Mallee's wool market is an example of something that will be essential to the economy on the other side of this. No need to blow it up now. It must be kept on life support
        Last edited by farming101; Mar 31, 2020, 07:08.

Comment

I wonder if Trudeau still going to give the tens of millions to Senegal for their oil and gas industry while Canada goes bankrupt... hmmm

Sad to hear the drop out in wool Malle , that’s not good at all.
          The economic blowout of this is reaching everywhere.
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 31, 2020, 07:50.

Comment

Non essential govt workers sitting at home, perhaps 3 month holiday, continuing to receive full pay, full benefits, and no effect to their golden pensions, whereas the private sector workers lose everything, including their market based pensions down a third of their values. When this virus runs its course and most go back to work, all our taxes are going way, way higher, so govt workers will be demanding raises to cover increased payroll/ income taxes, etc. this has to stop. Private sector workers who will be so much poorer, will be working even harder for less pay to subsidize phony govt job and their pensions and benefits.

This will be a perfect opportunity for all governments to get rid of guaranteed govt pensions, and introduce a pension plan that is the same as in the private sector.

https://winnipegsun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-covid-19-crisis-reveals-divide-over-whos-paid-while-at-home/wcm/59398600-28e8-4b95-b721-3c162207440a

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
              Non essential govt workers sitting at home, perhaps 3 month holiday, continuing to receive full pay, full benefits, and no effect to their golden pensions, whereas the private sector workers lose everything, including their market based pensions down a third of their values. When this virus runs its course and most go back to work, all our taxes are going way, way higher, so govt workers will be demanding raises to cover increased payroll/ income taxes, etc. this has to stop. Private sector workers who will be so much poorer, will be working even harder for less pay to subsidize phony govt job and their pensions and benefits.

This will be a perfect opportunity for all governments to get rid of guaranteed govt pensions, and introduce a pension plan that is the same as in the private sector.

https://winnipegsun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-covid-19-crisis-reveals-divide-over-whos-paid-while-at-home/wcm/59398600-28e8-4b95-b721-3c162207440a
              I have been talking about this for years. The Economist had an article about this and said there are two kinds of people in this world. Taxpayers and taxeaters. Have nots and the haves. There will be a day of reckoning but Rome needs to be burning before it will happen.

Comment

The feudal system it seems when it comes to public and private, unions versus non union workers, Conservatives and for now the rest. Hell may freeze over, but its a lot of frosty Fridays: we start first.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.