• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AgOpenGPS - Around the World

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AgOpenGPS - Around the World

Thought with all the downer posting lately I would post some farming from around the world.

First up, in France The Centipede network is a farmer built and owned RTK network made for pennies and no fees.

Greg from France has 3D printers and makes and sells these parts for farmers all over europe. Works with AgOpenGPS

Comment

Planting with Monsem. Using the skip function and full machine control.

Comment

Matthias von Deutschland who pioneered the dual antenna UBLOX GPS system on an ESP32 micro-controller. Allows AgOpenGPS to autosteer forwards and backwards. Provides roll compensation, heading, and sidehill compensation.

Costs of about 700 Euro - from JD a dual antenna system is about 17,000 Euro. ArduSimple from Spain is commercializing the design and putting in an IP67 box. They also are adapting a 3 antenna with full AHRS dead reckoning used to measure snow fall in ski resorts to Agriculture. This will allow guidance even though GPS is lost by trees etc.

Comment

Matthias is the CEO of a few Vineyards working together. Their GPS requirements are very unique. He has custom control board designs for the vineyard industry. All open source. Vineyards are the leader in open source ag designs with LoRa based systems for monitoring. It's incredible what they do.

Comment

In Europe, I forget where. Using the tree plant feature and autonomous operation of AgOpenGPS to plant "Compact Apple Orchard".

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-03-28_19-24-47.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	769546

Comment

Can you guess where and what this is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Munk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	769547

Comment

Interesting morning stuff 👍
                There is a group on the Combine forum that has been discussing this for several years as well .
                I think Brian Tee is the lead guy , or was .
                Lots of in depth discussions there

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Interesting morning stuff 👍
                  There is a group on the Combine forum that has been discussing this for several years as well .
                  I think Brian Tee is the lead guy , or was .
                  Lots of in depth discussions there
                  I am BrianTee, most of you know that already..... My youtube channel if you want to learns tonnes of stuff... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZoNVrlkzUIRmpe8_9CTGg?view_as=subscriber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZoNVrlkzUIRmpe8_9CTGg?view_as=subscriber

Actually they didn't want to even create a separate category for AgOpen which was probably half their traffic. So, did some looking and Discourse, a forum hosting service for very large enterprise companies like twitter developers, Docker, patreon, Western digital.... also do some philanthropy hosting if the community meets their specs of open source, defined community, non profit, and international to which AOG met.

So they gave us access to their platform. It has become a place of open source ag all over the world - and the info on RTK and GPS is searched by people all over the world. In German, French and English.

https://agopengps.discourse.group/ https://agopengps.discourse.group/

Comment

This is in Amstetten in the Austrian Alps. He is a sod farmer and runs AgOpenGPS autonomously with his mowers to cut grass every 3 days. Absolutely beautiful place to farm.

Comment

My tractor this spring, doing the rolling while i seed. Collision avoidance to drive around sloughs, geo bubbles for equipment. Much fun.

Comment

Looks great, does it help to motivate the seeder operator to keep ahead of the roller? Keep up the good work.😁👍

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                          Looks great, does it help to motivate the seeder operator to keep ahead of the roller? Keep up the good work.😁👍
                          It really does. Funny thing, sent the roller off a 3 mph because it always caught up - never had to have lunch or go pee......

Comment

I will probably only watch from the sidelines.

Neat to see it happening.

Is there an option for the "auto steer ready" equipment? Using the hydraulic steering of the unit versus the steering wheel mounted version?

At least I can say I'm not paying anyone subscription fees to use GPS. It may not be the hair splitting sub- millimeter technology that the machinery companies want us to believe we can't farm without.....to shave that last nickel off our production costs through all the savings from less inputs because of the "priceless" technology.....only to give those savings to some one else or have someone take it from us!!!

ps, sorry for that.

Otherwise good job and very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              I will probably only watch from the sidelines.

Neat to see it happening.

Is there an option for the "auto steer ready" equipment? Using the hydraulic steering of the unit versus the steering wheel mounted version?

At least I can say I'm not paying anyone subscription fees to use GPS. It may not be the hair splitting sub- millimeter technology that the machinery companies want us to believe we can't farm without.....to shave that last nickel off our production costs through all the savings from less inputs because of the "priceless" technology.....only to give those savings to some one else or have someone take it from us!!!

ps, sorry for that.

Otherwise good job and very interesting.
                              Many guys either install their own valves, replace the canbus drive to normal solenoids and use factory valves, or the motor. There is no real difference in overall operation. Hydraulic is the fastest responding.

RTK today only costs a few hundred bucks, is mature tech and easy to set up. Many countries don't have the wealth like we do spending the big bucks on commercial products, so they are a lot more creative out of necessity.

What they end up with a system that has many more useful features like uturns and full machine control for a tiny fraction of the price stuff sold here is. They build it and learn a lot about so many things. something we as farmers have maybe lost along the way of the big buck emphasis of buying everything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...