• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the week wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday end of the week wrap up on a Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6053877C-33A3-47E3-8832-CADE8EC5F3ED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	779315

Well I for one believe something is up in canada and if we don’t stomp it out we’re in for a whole bunch of hurt. I believe they will come after farmers next.

Where are all the liberal loving Justin Trudeau supporters. All hail the chief.

So it’s the same pay book blame others and do nothing. Well study it and do nothing.

Boboo is no better as farmers loose out on 63 mill per week well that’s almost 200 million now.

So the slimy seed companies are putting in a royalty structure of their own. It’s simple only a fool would buy seed from those involved.

It’s 2020 farmers wake up and realize it’s us against them.

Land sales big time teachers fund getting step closer to big purchase again and this one is interesting to say the least. Not hutts but over paid Ontario teachers and their pension plan.

Sask party isn’t off the hook either. Sask energy and it’s ridiculous gouging for natural gas farm projects. What a joke.

Quebec will do great under nafta 2 what about the rest of us farmers.

Wet cold spring on way for some. I would take cool and no moisture.

53 this morning our second cool morning this winter.

Why can’t parliament wake up and finally send Justin and all the goof ball liberals to the curb. NDP need to be wiped out along with block and green. It’s cons vs lib.

USA day golfing in can/am I think they are better golfers.

USA is going to put a communist vs trump. Go Bernie a guy who never ever had a real job. Oh no Trudeau old.. Wow this will be interesting.

Bernie had 3400 votes in Arizona and that’s probably the amount of guys pissing at one time at a trump rally.

Have a great week and be safe.

Alberta court shoots down the liberal forced carbon tax. Yea and sask court sided with Trudeau.

This corona virus is serious I’m thinking it was lab grown in China and shit went south.

Don’t ever trust China people never ever e er.

Markets down hard last three days.

Are they telling us the truth?

Name:	A8E97781-089D-4B42-83CA-8FD73C6C3E15.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	769415

Read this and then tell me how smart Trudeau and the liberals are.

Comment

Name:	E85D259F-3A97-4FD0-B0E9-6A971156C214.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	769416

On politics in the USA will the Democrats take out Bernie.

Nancy will lose 90% of her wealth on her death under Bernie. No trust funds or foundations under Bernie. Ah I hear Hillary is hiring some interesting people.

Comment

110 billion natural gas project announced for Saudi Arabia. ..

Anyone look how the federal agriculture committee is made up?

I don't think there is one rural sask MP on committee...

Years of massive support for rural consrvative MPs from Saskatchewan and no one gets on the ag committee...

I have to ask WTF?

Comment

Boboo has no clue what’s going on. But oh wait skippy maybe wants to discuss ag on the ski hill in Quebec today on his personal day off. She on her way.

Sad canada is ****ed.

Mexico today says oats from canada are risky do to the rail situation and they will look elsewhere. It’s starting.

Once a ripple in a pond is now a Maui north shore wave. Google liberals if you don’t get how bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            Boboo has no clue what’s going on. But oh wait skippy maybe wants to discuss ag on the ski hill in Quebec today on his personal day off. She on her way.

Sad canada is ****ed.

Mexico today says oats from canada are risky do to the rail situation and they will look elsewhere. It’s starting.

Once a ripple in a pond is now a Maui north shore wave. Google liberals if you don’t get how bad it is.
            A quick article to read in The Moscow Times: "Russia's New Arctic Project Will Be Biggest in Global Oil." Hmmmm does Russia have a carbon tax? Fml what a silly question!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              A quick article to read in The Moscow Times: "Russia's New Arctic Project Will Be Biggest in Global Oil." Hmmmm does Russia have a carbon tax? Fml what a silly question!
              Can someone explain how a 4.7 billion dollar railway and port project in Quebec partnered with the CREE doesn't get questioned about its environmental impact and very little press....

The Quebec government lives on equalization and the native money comes from government....so why is no one questioning who pays for this....

Comment

It’s always follow the money.

Every single time.

Protestors get paid from tides and some are American.

Most of them I look more native Canadian than they are.

Comment

It's a thirty year time frame. $4.7 billion, ya, right! times what? Sometimes you have to believe projects when you see them, otherwise pigs really can fly.

Our North Korean suggested he had a surprise for Trump after the New Year. Could it be that he presented it through China, who gave it to the world? Something like this will take care of our blockades, our climate, and our economy that no extortion tax can ever accomplish.

But I sure hope I don't have to pay for flights to retrieve the snowbirds, the cruisers, and the Easter breaker goers out of the lock down Covid zones.

Comment

I’ll drive home if they shut the planes down. Nd will let me go north. So no ****ing big deal

But remember two Chinese broke into a lb in Winnipeg and left with something. Dah.

Canada the shithole trump talks about

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      I’ll drive home if they shut the planes down. Nd will let me go north. So no ****ing big deal

But remember two Chinese broke into a lb in Winnipeg and left with something. Dah.

Canada the shithole trump talks about
                      Saskfarmer,

Did you see this on Farm saved seed?

Prairie wheat and barley commissions concerned about impact of SVUAs [Trailing Royalties on Farm saved Seed]

Saskatoon, SK; Calgary, AB; Carman, MB (February 26, 2020) – Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association (MWBGA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission (Sask Wheat), Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission (SaskBarley), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), and Alberta Barley have significant concerns about the Seed Variety Use Agreement (SVUA) pilot project and its future impact on western Canadian wheat and barley producers.

The SVUA pilot project was announced on February 25, 2020 by the seed industry at the Prairie Grain Development Committee (PGDC) meetings in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The pilot imposes the trailing royalty collection mechanism on farm-saved seed of selected crop varieties through a contract agreement.

The five wheat and barley commissions are not a party to, nor supportive of this pilot SVUA program. The pilot is separate from the federal government’s consultation process on a new seed royalty structure and signals the seed industry’s commitment to the SVUA model despite the on-going consultation. The consultation process, which also includes the End Point Royalty (EPR) model in addition to the trailing royalty model, was initiated by the federal government to inform the value chain and attempt to work toward the best model for all involved including farmers. Further, the SVUAs are being implemented via contract law and not a regulatory change, resulting in significant concerns from the commissions about the future of the consultation process.

“MWBGA has questions about the implications of the proposed SVUA pilot and its impact on the credibility of the ongoing consultation process being managed by AAFC and the CFIA,” said Fred Greig, MWBGA Chair. “We also continue to wait for the economic analysis to be released by AAFC as the next step in the consultation process.”

“Sask Wheat wants to ensure producers’ rights, such as the right to use farm-saved seed, are being protected in any pilot contracts and that producers clearly understand the impact of the contracts on their farms,” said Brett Halstead, Sask Wheat Chair. “We are concerned that the proposed trailing royalties could inhibit the adoption of midge tolerant varieties, should they be included as part of the pilot, which would have negative implications for the Midge Tolerant Wheat program.”

“This program has the potential to create frustration for farmers,” said Jason Skotheim, SaskBarley Chair. “There needs to be a clear demonstration of value to producers from this pilot program. Until that time, the pilot program should not expand to other crops such as barley, that already struggle with unique issues on variety uptake.”

“AWC believes that any trailing royalty system on varieties developed through the public breeding programs of AAFC and the western universities must take into account the fact that farmers have already made a substantial investment in the development of those varieties,” said Todd Hames, AWC Chair.

“It is critical that the government complete their consultations with grain producers and put a transparent and accountable process in place to demonstrate that the extra money producers are paying is advancing varietal development,” said Dave Bishop, Alberta Barley Chair.

The five commissions emphasize that it is necessary for AAFC to provide assurance that all royalties collected through the SVUA on AAFC publicly bred varieties will be returned to AAFC’s wheat variety breeding program in an open and transparent way to supplement the funding currently provided by producers and the federal government.

- 30 -

For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:

Kate Menold
                      Communications Coordinator
                      Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association
                      204-807-1912
                      kate@mbwheatandbarley.ca

Dallas Carpenter
                      Communications Manager
                      Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission
                      306-801-2643
                      dallas.carpenter@saskwheat.ca

Jill McDonald
                      Executive Director
                      Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission
                      306-370-7237
                      jmcdonald@saskbarleycommission.com

Victoria Decker
                      Communications Manager
                      Alberta Wheat and Barley Commissions
                      403-219-7906
                      vdecker@albertawheatbarley.com"

Then by terminating of the CSGA and democratically elected farmers to administer the Canada Seeds Act... in favour of the NSO 'Utopia' Industry single desk administration... expect farmers to pay for CPTA seed police and the data collection to enforce compliance to acreage payments yearly to plant seed.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Can someone explain how a 4.7 billion dollar railway and port project in Quebec partnered with the CREE doesn't get questioned about its environmental impact and very little press....

Consulting with native bands means something very different in Quebec if you catch my meaning

Comment

I couldn’t believe the goof and his team were elected the first time. Once they were re-elected all hope was lost. I am at the point of ‘let it all burn down’. That’s what it will take to wake some people up. The pain will spread to them in time and they will realize it.

Comment

47 second current state of affairs must watch lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/fa55u1/current_state_of_affairs/ https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/fa55u1/current_state_of_affairs/

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Consulting with native bands means something very different in Quebec if you catch my meaning
                              Consulting with natives means the same thing everywhere. Extortion.

Consulting with government and regulatory agencies in Quebec however means something completely different

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.