• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California man dies in rocket crash after launching to see if Earth is flat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California man dies in rocket crash after launching to see if Earth is flat

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/mike-hughes-1.5473529 https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/mike-hughes-1.5473529

"Mad' Mike Hughes wanted to fly to edge of space to see for himself"

There are science skeptics and then there are people like Mike Hughes.
    He could have just "looked out his kitchen window" and confirmed the "earth is flat"

Know anybody like this?

Yes, I do. Climate crisis people.

Comment

Let's see, formed a testable hypothesis, designed an experiment to test the hypothesis, with clearly defined outcomes, performed the experiment.

Sounds familiar, oh yes, reminds me of unbiased scientists following the scientific method. Extra credit for using his own funds, and putting his own personal safety at risk.

Pleased to see the scientific method is still alive and well at least somewhere. Or should I say, was alive and well...

As opposed to global warming scientists who start with a predefined outcome, then design a non testable, non falsifiable hypothesis to support it, all done with no risk to themselves or their finances or career aspirations.

Comment

A5 he is no doubt a hero for you!

Someone who is ready to challenge the current science no matter what!

Only A5 thinks Mike is a brilliant scientist. Even though the ancient Greeks of 500 BC already figured out the earth was probably round like the moon!

LOL
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 26, 2020, 08:50.

Comment

Karma is a B###h!

Comment

you guys are taking the bait again
            you can't argue with a door knob
            and especially since the link has the "cbc" in it

Comment

What testing of climate change has gore and suzuki done? Other than make bank off it?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                you guys are taking the bait again
                you can't argue with a door knob
                and especially since the link has the "cbc" in it
                You can never win against insane irrationality, but you can send them back to their moms basement for a month. That's all we can hope for on chuck.

Comment

I doubt this man believed the world was flat, just had a dream to see the earth from above. I think it's a great story, died working on a project he loved. Must have had some intelligence and determination o get as far as he did. Not suprised a lefty cant see the big picture here but just focus on a headline!

Comment

Chuck I'm guessing you actually believe man has walked on the Moon and don't believe big game hunters from Mars caused the extinction of dinosaurs!!!!

Comment

Read that headline and just KNEW who would barf it up!

Comment

Chuck2, I find it disappointing that because I don't support a carbon tax or I believe that wind and solar should only be used for what they are best at which is intermittent top ups of the power grid that you have to resort to insults like calling me a flat earther. The reason I don't support a carbon tax is that at present it is certainly not high enough to put me out of business but anybody with a functioning brain knows it will continue to rise until farming is no longer economical in Canada. As for wind and solar there is no way without back up generation that they can supply power 24 hrs a day 365 days a year so in my opinion the people that are intellectually challenged are the proponents of policies like the green new deal!!!!

Comment

Why didn’t u buy a ticket?

Comment

I read the news story.
                            An eccentric with more ambition than reason. So what? Died dreaming.
                            Exchange rocket for CWB.
                            Makes it funnier.

Comment

I mean can't you just see chuck or IF lighting the fuse to "Rocket Man"??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...