• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New machinery 10% tax credit ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New machinery 10% tax credit ?

Looks like eastern canada gets it and western doesnt
    Anyone know for sure ?
    Richard , anyone ?

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Anyone know for sure ?
    Richard , anyone ?
    Why the double standard?

Comment

Because they want to encourage more western Canadian manufacturing to eastern canada?

Comment

Linamar that bought Macdon has been on a steady drip of money from governments....this should help if true...

Comment

Different rules for different parts of the country? We should give then two different country's then!

Comment

Is this a federal policy?

Comment

First we’ve heard of it in Eastern Canada

Comment

Its on fcc’s website but only mentions atlantic canada specifically

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                  First we’ve heard of it in Eastern Canada
                  Sorry dale , meant the far east

Comment

Its on fcc’s website but only mentions atlantic canada specifically
                    Liberal voters?

Comment

With the 10% ITC in eastern Canada, it would be interesting to see if retail prices of capital investments are 10% higher.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy1 View Post
                        With the 10% ITC in eastern Canada, it would be interesting to see if retail prices of capital investments are 10% higher.
                        yep, JD tacks on 10% on retail price, and boom!, there goes the savings, nice hand out to JD. Better to have accelerated depreciation in my opinion.

Comment

I would have no idea, but just as someone has stated, it more or less goes to the manufacture of the product.

Regardless, even though I would never boast on here about what I have, where I am travelling this week and what investment property I am being wined and dined on, my hard advice to anyone, farmer to farmer, put a lock on any capital spending for a few years and build a cushion so that you have survive years like this without so much stress.

Many are shooting themselves in the foot by entertaining the biggest and the latest, chasing land purchase and rent rates up. When your bank says no there's a reason. When you hit the 30 million loan cap at FCC do you not realize that's potentially a problem.

I just don't understand today's producers. Maybe I am just too old and am being left in the dust.

Anyone know for sure ?
                          Richard , anyone ?

Comment

Local just went under here, had over $8M in debts, and only 1250ac. Claimed revenues of $1.8M on financial statement, yet no deposits were made to bank account. 38 years old. I thought banks did due diligence..??

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                              Local just went under here, had over $8M in debts, and only 1250ac. Claimed revenues of $1.8M on financial statement, yet no deposits were made to bank account. 38 years old. I thought banks did due diligence..??
                              That doesn't make sense, that's $6400 debt per acre.

I was always told that once over $1000 per acre total debt things will be a big struggle - Young or old!

Accountant told me a story that a customer was referred to them because of very shitty financials and ugly profitability of the past. This guy said his accountants advice was simply "you need another bank"

wtf?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...