• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pottinger Terrasem

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pottinger Terrasem

Was at my local farm show yesterday and local dealer had a Terrasem seeder there. Interesting concept to say the least. I honestly can’t see how it wouldn’t work here. He is going to try it out on his land. If it ever gets to where our use of glyphosate is limited by stupid regulations or weed resistance becomes a problem this might be an option. What are you guys thoughts?

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Was at my local farm show yesterday and local dealer had a Terrasem seeder there. Interesting concept to say the least. I honestly can’t see how it wouldn’t work here. He is going to try it out on his land. If it ever gets to where our use of glyphosate is limited by stupid regulations or weed resistance becomes a problem this might be an option. What are you guys thoughts?
    Yes if we lose roundup they wont be able to build them fast enough. Doing a demo this spring

Comment

What's the advantage over using a drill with shovels, other than more separating weed roots from the soil. It's hard to see from pictures.

Comment

This is a friend of ours in the Whitlow area with one . He has seeded 2 years with it now . Does a nice job ....

Comment

I could float my fertilizer and use discers then level it out with a harrow. ...just like the old days....

Less chemical if that's what the customers want....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            discers
            Good lord. The janitors will ****ing bleep out the **** word, but let that one through?

What a world...

Comment

Gotta keep customers happy. ..no chemical....so let the weeds grow then use discers to cut them out. ...then swath in the fall...

There won't be enough swathers either....

I do like the comment about discers....they were a scourge....

I can still see the X in the fields....pig troughs....80 acre humps.....

Comment

Discer = Weed, Seed and Feed Aren’t we going full-circle?

Comment

Soooo no in crop spraying either? I’m going to need a new fishing rod and a new boat .... bring it on

Comment

Looks expensive

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.