• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know....food for thought....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know....food for thought....

And most dryland farmers on this site should be outraged.

1. Irrigation districts were given the infrastructure paid for by taxpayers for free....no tax implications.

2. Irrigators within the districts receive 40 dollars an acre for the next 5 years to help offset the operational costs. That is 200 dollars an acre. with no tax implications.

3. the value of their land has gone up and they didn't pay for any improvements to have the infrastructure to the quarter line.....no tax implications if they sell because they can use capital gains exemptions..

4. If you pull your agri-invest side from the government ...there are tax implications in doing so.

Actually any payment from the government on the dryland farmer is taxed and there is no million dollar per quarter investment from the taxpayer...

Just some food for thought on the difference between farmers in this province.
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 28, 2020, 13:59.

Geez, what a crock!

Comment

Yup in my area there are guys that think I am an asshole for talking about the value of this to about 30 farmers....

Imagine if a 1000 acre dryland farm could receive $200000 over 5 years tax free...plus have the government pay for infrastructure on your farm to increase its value .. also tax free...

Think that would help some young guys get a start....
      Last edited by bucket; Jan 28, 2020, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Yup in my area there are guys that think I am an asshole for talking about the value of this to about 30 farmers....

Imagine if a 1000 acre dryland farm could receive $200000 over 5 years tax free...plus have the government pay for infrastructure on your farm to increase its value .. also tax free...

Think that would help some young guys get a start....
        Sign me up!

Comment

Every one that reads this....take the time to phone the sask government and ask about it....then count the " I don't know" you hear during the conversation.

Comment

I need a little help on this since i am getting the run around at the minister's office....

I wrote a letter , they called and wanted to talk....so I said "....look I took the time to write a letter because you couldn't answer the questions on a previous phone call, I deserve the courtesy to have a black and white reply" And if I have any more questions from your current " I don't knows" I will write another letter...

Comment

Bucket i ran into my MLA in town today so i asked him about this. He told me he didn't know much about what happened and quickly changed the subject. I tried to get him back on topic and he just told me He works hard on the issues that affect us up here in the NE then changed the subject again.

I think i know which riding has the most useless MLA

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                Bucket i ran into my MLA in town today so i asked him about this. He told me he didn't know much about what happened and quickly changed the subject. I tried to get him back on topic and he just told me He works hard on the issues that affect us up here in the NE then changed the subject again.

Pretty disappointing. ..isn't it????

The guys all sit around a cabinet table and vote to send $200 an acre to a few farmers and think no one will notice...

If he was working hard for his area. ...all farmers would be receiving the same handout....right?

The irrigation districts didn't buy the infrastructure and the 40 bucks an acre over 5 years is to help cover operational costs....so that won't end in 5 years....
                Last edited by bucket; Jan 31, 2020, 19:05.

Comment

He must be the same as mine.

Comment

I have been pounding the drum over welfare cowboys for yrs to no avail ,I wonder if this gov will re,emburse those with grazing leases as they wont be as valuable with oil cos not paying rents,or mabey they will get their money and us freeholders can do without.
                    Not sure about irrigation but sounds like those connected get preferental treatment,I am dissapointed with the NDs as I thought they were going to make some corrections but I guess I expected to much as politicians are just that politicians.

Comment

There might be a competition in that department because my MLA is more useless than tits on a boar!!!!

Comment

Good thing Scott Moe is chasing the urban vote....the rural vote might be questioning his logic....

I know if someone has a better plan ....the saskparty will have to explain their giveaways. ....this idea of voting conservative with cardboard cutouts has to end....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Good thing Scott Moe is chasing the urban vote....the rural vote might be questioning his logic....

I know if someone has a better plan ....the saskparty will have to explain their giveaways. ....this idea of voting conservative with cardboard cutouts has to end....

Is it really conservative? Remember the construction of the Saskatchewan party?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
                            Is it really conservative? Remember the construction of the Saskatchewan party?
                            Good point...maybe the PC party will make a comeback with some people with with vision....the scandals of the Saskparty make the PCs of the 80s look like a expense for a free dinner.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.