• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phone Scam

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Scam

Beware of cellphone banking lest someone hijack your account. Johnson livestock farm lost everything. Notify your phone provider not to transfer your account without written consent. That goes for anyone with access to your bank accounts.

can you give more details ? i am very tech handicapped

Comment

Yes happened to my wife on her business account.

Comment

I'd like to hear more details.

I opened a legit looking email two months ago. Had to change every card and bank account # and the hard drive after that one. All fraudulent purchases however didn't cost me thankfully.
        Also thankful internet providers and financial institutions have a good handle on this stuff.

Comment

Can someone elaborate on this for me ?

Comment

Just recently happen to a neighbour as well .
            Some funny stuff going on with data off phones being high jacked .
            This is a major concern

Comment

Curious as to make of phone.
              Have read 'media' stories about chicom brands. True or not dunno.

Comment

Just watched the ctv news vid.
                Holy fk.
                Get to your banks and put transfer caps on I guess.

Comment

Sorry I wish I knew more details, something about the SIM card being cloned or something, they think happened at an airport. Police are involved.

Comment

Was an iPhone.

Comment

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1885275&jwsource=em https://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?

Comment

sorry tweety , can't make that link light up ?

Comment

what the **** is wrong with a bank that lets this happen ????????????????????????????
                          and sasktel? these people did nothing , didn't answer a call, a scam , or click on an email ?????
                          these banks need to wake up ?
                          surely to christ there is a way to make a trail back to the scumbag when money is transferred out ?????

Comment

Anyone know which bank this was ?

Comment

They must have taken their phone in to get fixed or switched phones. I don’t do any banking by phone nor Ipad. I can still walk and there still are banks. And for sure banks should be responsible for transferring your money to some foreign account if you’ve never done that before. If they can just transfer your money anywhere without your authority, the risk is monumental. When we make transfers not only do you need the pin, you need this special key, an electronic screen with randomly changing code every few seconds. Someone would need your account number, your pin and this special key. Its a bit of a pain but I guess it is necessary to avoid false transfers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.