• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Barn Family Farm Lamb

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Barn Family Farm Lamb

Well, we made some more direct market inroads last week. We delivered a significant amount of select cuts of lamb to two additional locations in Saskatoon.

If you want to try our lamb, head to Saskmade marketplace on 8th, or Little market box on 16th. Or check out The Granary, and The Granary 2, for appetizers, shishliki or sliders if you are heading out to eat restaurant style.

More places to be announced in March once delivery takes place.

I never knew I would enjoy this gig so much. Lots of leg work and people work. Nutrition labelling, yada yada. But so rewarding in so many ways.

Just putting in a plug for our farm in case you folks are interested.

Website will be rolling an a few days too, you can order there as well, (cheaper that way too), and see more of what it is we do.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit. Lol.

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Well, we made some more direct market inroads last week. We delivered a significant amount of select cuts of lamb to two additional locations in Saskatoon.

If you want to try our lamb, head to Saskmade marketplace on 8th, or Little market box on 16th. Or check out The Granary, and The Granary 2, for appetizers, shishliki or sliders if you are heading out to eat restaurant style.

More places to be announced in March once delivery takes place.

I never knew I would enjoy this gig so much. Lots of leg work and people work. Nutrition labelling, yada yada. But so rewarding in so many ways.

Just putting in a plug for our farm in case you folks are interested.

Website will be rolling an a few days too, you can order there as well, (cheaper that way too), and see more of what it is we do.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit. Lol.
    Awesome! Great to hear of a success for once. Good on you and your family.

Comment

Right on !
      I really like lamb , just came back. Wished i would of looked at this while in stoon , woulda got some

Comment

Terry, in Canora made awesome shishliki. We really miss not being able to get them anymore. I look forward to trying yours on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Right on !
          I really like lamb , just came back. Wished i would of looked at this while in stoon , woulda got some
          Nother time...

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Awesome! Great to hear of a success for once. Good on you and your family.
            Thank you very much. It is nice to regain some control and have a plan come together.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Terry, in Canora made awesome shishliki. We really miss not being able to get them anymore. I look forward to trying yours on-line.
              Mr. Dennis became famous over the years making his shish! Shishliki is a funny thing. Overwhelmingly people love it. But the very odd person doesn’t. Usually they cook it wrong. Once corrected, they come around. I will say in all honesty that more people than not who have had Terrys, and tried ours, say ours is better. Of course there are exceptions. There are many shishliki recipes, if it is not one you thought was the bomb in the past, it may not be your cup of tea. Or skewer of shish. We have tried many different types. We find them wanting.

We take great pains in the trimming process to ensure it is all lean meat. And this sets it apart in my opinion. To make a quality product, a) you shouldn’t use old cull sheep, especially wool sheep, and b) you shouldn’t be using poorly trimmed fatty and poor cuts of meat! Of course it helps that we raise hair sheep, which are milder to begin with than wool breeds.

I do know that one of the stores locally that has it, have people drive a LONG way to come and get some. I would be willing to give you a package and see what you think! We are always giving away samples. I mean it! Where are you at generally?

Comment

Congratulations, good to see your outside of the box thinking being rewarded. I'd much rather read your success stories than all of the whining that typically goes on about how terrible farming is.

So what is the market for cull sheep? Is the meat good for anything?

Comment

Let me know when you make it to Red Deer! 😆

I need to find a new lamb guy. Mine moved to BC.

Comment

I am in Regina. They used to carry Terry’s at Ukrainian Coop here but not anymore. You should contact UK Coop, prolly good market opportunity. I remember the really old days of the open pit at Sports days around Kamsack. Long skewers of shishliki on a thick slice of homemade bread. Will Never Forget It. Hot as the hubs of hell out there but never too hot for the shishliki🥵

Comment

I tried making my own but just not quite the right flavour.

Comment

Its nice to hear a good news story. Thank you Sheepwheat. Good on you.

Comment

Good for you, selling quality food to people is always rewarding and another iron in the fire is good insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Congratulations, good to see your outside of the box thinking being rewarded. I'd much rather read your success stories than all of the whining that typically goes on about how terrible farming is.

So what is the market for cull sheep? Is the meat good for anything?
                            Yeah we have our culls made into sausage. Works out really good. We have plans for several more products in the near future. Different buyers have different needs.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              I am in Regina. They used to carry Terry’s at Ukrainian Coop here but not anymore. You should contact UK Coop, prolly good market opportunity. I remember the really old days of the open pit at Sports days around Kamsack. Long skewers of shishliki on a thick slice of homemade bread. Will Never Forget It. Hot as the hubs of hell out there but never too hot for the shishliki🥵
                              We dropped off samples at the Ukrainian coop and I thought they were gunna bite, but I think our price was too high. They had some ugly looking shish (sorry, true), there that was pretty cheap. It takes time to find and define ones market. Tried a Ukrainian store in Saskatoon too, but he balked at our price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...