• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a friday ....announced

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a friday ....announced

Minister launches Canada's first agricultural youth council

News release
    January 24, 2020 – Ottawa, Ontario – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada

"""""Listening to young people about issues that matter to them is an important commitment of the government. Young Canadians' participation in civic life, including government decision-making, is crucial to Canada's continued success and to helping secure Canada's position as an agricultural powerhouse.

The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, today launched the application process for a first Canadian Agricultural Youth Council. A group of young Canadians will provide valuable advice on agriculture and agri-food issues that matter most to them – everything from sustainable agriculture, market diversification and innovation, to the digital shift, intergenerational transfers and mental health.

The Council will identify new and emerging issues, enable on-going dialogue on challenges and opportunities, share information and best practices, and provide advice on the strengths and weaknesses of policies and programs affecting the agriculture and agri-food sector.

The Council will meet twice a year, and additional meetings will be held online. It will provide a forum for members to work with Minister Bibeau, experienced public servants and national organizations. Council members will also have the opportunity to participate at roundtables and discussions, as well as in important government and industry events.

Council membership will comprise a diverse group of youth from across the country, including representatives of Indigenous communities. Women and men aged 18 to 30 working within the agriculture and agri-food value chain, who are interested in shaping the future of the sector, are encouraged to apply by visiting www.agr.gc.ca/youth and completing an online application.

The application deadline is February 14, 2020. Candidates can apply as of today.""""""

SO if I tell the government there is an issue in western canadian agriculture it is to be ignored but if I send my 20 year old son in on a youth council to say the same thing ...they will listen????

I don't listen to 16 year old prophets of doom and I don't think having kids repeat what their parents already know is the way to a healthy agriculture industry....

Its just another delay tactic to study....

Only 16 year-olds allowed? So they can scream at us and dictate how we farm.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Only 16 year-olds allowed? So they can scream at us and dictate how we farm.
      More than likely the ag more than ever....do more ag... or an agvocate types will be the pick of the litter...

Every thing announced in agriculture ...if you add it up ....would mean a real difference to a farm program instead of fracturing into shit like this...

Comment

Coming soon to a mailbox near you, the 'Farmer's Daughters in Bikini's' magazine. Brought to you by the Government of Canada in partnership with 'dem boys' from Saskatchewan.

Comment

Why do groups outside of primary ag get a voice? Indigenous groups?

The libs are just like the new religion, get em young so they can be indoctrinated. Probably will be pushing climate change down their throats.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Indians own all the land and have to approve of what you do to it. That way Willy Twofeathers can beat his drum and scream like a wounded cat while Jimmy Buffulobrains does an inebriated jig and tries not to fall over.

Comment

I can almost guarantee that it will include the same quality of members, if not the exact same people as we encountered in the NFU and specifically their youth membership in this thread from last year:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.agriville.com/threads/37969-does-nfu-represent-the-average-farmer-some-interesting-characters-on-their-board&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjq9ZiJoJ_nAhXDpZ4KHT5XDQoQFj AAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3yXxqlKXCsZc__vdDa3Tvm https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.agriville.com/threads/37969-does-nfu-represent-the-average-farmer-some-interesting-characters-on-their-board&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjq9ZiJoJ_nAhXDpZ4KHT5XDQoQFj AAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3yXxqlKXCsZc__vdDa3Tvm

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

The libs are just like the new religion, get em young so they can be indoctrinated. Probably will be pushing climate change down their throats.
                Ya think maybe?

What I have seen in my years of farming is that - rather than working for the farmer - every freakin' farm org or rep group that has ever been organized, was eventually co-opted into becoming an avenue to push government or special interest group agendas down onto the grassroots.

Completely subverted from their original purpose.

Every damned one.

So this new agricultural youth council is the first of a new kind of group - an undisguised movement to bring those "special" people directly into line with the globalist design, indoctrinating them with right from JK into the ag work force.

Comment

I'd sure chuckle if my son and his farming friends went. They're so far right on issues they need binos to see how far back even the farthest right wingers on AgriVille are. There is a big divide on the farming youth. The "Ag More Than Ever" crowd that talk more than doing vs the out in the dirt doin' it crowd that have no time for posers and bullshit.

Comment

I should send my youngest to join this group. He has been called into the principle more times for arguing with teachers over Climate change or Trudeau more times than I can remember.

BOBOO do your real job and look into the Canola shit show and a Carbon tax on Everything AG,

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      I should send my youngest to join this group. He has been called into the principle more times for arguing with teachers over Climate change or Trudeau more times than I can remember.

BOBOO do your real job and look into the Canola shit show and a Carbon tax on Everything AG,
                      I already got my kid to apply.....hahaha...odd though they don't ask for names...

I had the pleasure of working some calves today with my son....lets just say he doesn't suffer fools gladly and I am a fool according to him....

Comment

Tariffs on pulses, check, couple bucks a bushel off canola price, check, crumbling highways, check, carbon tax, check, now a youth council on agriculture, WOWEE no holding this agricultural powerhouse back now.

Comment

".....Council membership will comprise a diverse group of youth from across the country, including representatives of Indigenous communities. Women and men aged 18 to 30....."

What about all the other genders?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                            I'd sure chuckle if my son and his farming friends went. They're so far right on issues they need binos to see how far back even the farthest right wingers on AgriVille are. There is a big divide on the farming youth. The "Ag More Than Ever" crowd that talk more than doing vs the out in the dirt doin' it crowd that have no time for posers and bullshit.
                            No such thing as free enterprise in farmers today. Does anyone really want to go back to a world where interest rates are set in the market place rather than by central banks? There is now so much debt out there that rates would triple over night and farms would be worth 1/3 of today's level. That would make for an interesting tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                              No such thing as free enterprise in farmers today. Does anyone really want to go back to a world where interest rates are set in the market place rather than by central banks? There is now so much debt out there that rates would triple over night and farms would be worth 1/3 of today's level. That would make for an interesting tomorrow for sure.
                              Depends how old you are. If on the younger side, lower land values are a good thing. At least it would be possible to buy and pay for a quarter without having to have 5 others to subsidise the purchase.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.