• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brrrrr!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brrrrr!

How crispy are things in your neighbourhood?

The sun is out but very deceiving. The diesel only dribbled out of the pump this morning so hopefully it’ll do better after lunch. Takes a minute to open the grapple if you don’t move it for a few minutes. The kids have had busses cancelled this week so far and tomorrow they probably will too. The critters seem to be doing ok but are really packing the grub and bedding away.

Be careful everyone and stay warm.

-41 in Vegreville at 9 am this morning. Sun is shining bright except for the ice fog. -33 forecast for the high this aft. Wonder what is the coldest daily high temp for this region? -33 has gotta be close.

Comment

Minus 35 here. Is now minus 31. But there is a very stiff wind. One of the coldest days I have felt yet. Sheep seem to take it in stride, tough little beggars. Still headbunting each other and clicking their heels when I show up with the grain. Lol

MOST amusing thing? I love feeding and such! Lol. I am one strange duck. Be boring without the critters.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	891E7488-CF7A-4394-8B7F-183B14A09055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	769312 House cracking, windows frosting. At least the sun is out..

Comment

Can’t comprehend that

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Can’t comprehend that
            Just like I can’t comprehend +40. I’ll second the house cracking .......... last night it was the worst it’s been in a while.

Comment

Yup its cold. One loader tractor sits outside has 5w30 oil in the engine and when you start it it damn near stalls when oil pressure comes up. Just hope the diesel fuel doesnt gel up,been there done that before.

Comment

The world has had the hottest decade ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  That is cold comfort

But thanks for the dose of optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    Liberals, Greens, NDP all want it COLDER, keep repeating that...who else wants our climate to COOL?

No science necessary, just MSM on the take, repeat, repeat and louder...

Comment

Hats off to you all you guys with all the animals to feed and keep them warm and healthy in this extreme weather. You are truly the hardest working salt of the earth farmers. From the milk in my glass and the bacon, or chicken or the prime rib on my plate.....I salute your efforts especially this time of year.

Comment

It was so cold here yesterday my internet froze.

Comment

Good vehicles, cel phones and good roads: Just discussing prairie winter weather with some old guys who remember 2 block heaters in their Chevys and chains ready to go on the floor of the truck just to get home at night from the bar or stook game. Ether, gas-line anti-freeze, shovels, always carrying ski-doo suits behind seat for walking when all else failed. SE of Regina was (and still is) desolate in the winter - there was no one living on farms for the winter because no cattle to keep them. Anyone remember the good ol days?

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                            Hats off to you all you guys with all the animals to feed and keep them warm and healthy in this extreme weather. You are truly the hardest working salt of the earth farmers. From the milk in my glass and the bacon, or chicken or the prime rib on my plate.....I salute your efforts especially this time of year.
                            I agree,have been there myself! Haven’t had cattle for a number of years now. We had to process feed with a mix mill every 2 to 3 days ,in winter,for our feeders. We didn’t have the option to pick and chose our days. Just hoped that everything would keep running. Good luck to everyone feeding livestock!

Comment

Need that Chinook on Monday so that the cows can clean up the silage bales they didn’t eat fast enough 😂

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.