• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viterra Terminal Goes High Tech

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viterra Terminal Goes High Tech

Pull up to the probe, barcode reader scans your phone for contracts barcode. Enter carrier, prior load and cleanout method information. Get probed, pull ahead, lasers scan your tires to make sure you are on the scale. Accept gross weight and initial grade at electronic terminal at the scale. Dump. Get your dockage, moisture, net weight and final grade to your email when your already a few miles away. No more grading room visits. Thoughts?
    Last edited by biglentil; Dec 6, 2019, 09:25.

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Pull up to the probe, barcode reader scans your phone for contracts barcode. Enter carrier, prior load and cleanout method information. Get probed, pull ahead, lasers scan your tires to make sure you are on the scale. Accept gross weight and initial grade at electronic terminal at the scale. Dump. Get your dockage, moisture, ..... to your email when your already a few miles away. No more grading room visits. Thoughts?
    If you leave without a scale ticket and they make a mistake ....whats the process....

I remember hauling into Moose Jaw and they had an issue ...neighbor lost 10 tonnes of peas somehow....they said its never happened before....no scale ticket ..you are plucked....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      If you leave without a scale ticket and they make a mistake ....whats the process....

I remember hauling into Moose Jaw and they had an issue ...neighbor lost 10 tonnes of peas somehow....they said its never happened before....no scale ticket ..you are plucked....
      You do get a simple paper ticket with gross dumped weight from the kiosk. No grades, no moisture, no dockage.

Comment

You do get a simple paper ticket with gross dumped weight from the kiosk. No grades, no moisture, no dockage.
        Thats a start....was this approved by the CGC?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Thats a start....was this approved by the CGC?????
          No idea, but I heard that they changed the system because Farmaholic was scaring the graders . *Joking*

Comment

No idea, but I heard that they changed the system because Farmaholic was scaring the graders . *Joking*
            There is likely some truth to it...

Comment

Fúck off biglentil

*joking*

Actually, I'm glad you started this thread. Don't leave the driveway until you know your grade specs, you will receive those via text or email. If you need to hold up efficiency, so be it. What is your recourse once your out of the termjnal and driving down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Fúck off biglentil

*joking*

Actually, I'm glad you started this thread. Don't leave the driveway until you know your grade specs, you will receive those via text or email. If you need to hold up efficiency, so be it. What is your recourse once your out of the termjnal and driving down the road?
                Ask the CGC ....my sides hurt.....what a phucking joke...

Comment

Let me give you a lesson in standing up for yourself!

You can either be a door mat and get walked on or a spiked belt no one wants to step on!

Establish the fact you won't be walked on!

If I teach the Apprentice anything it will be to stand up for himself. Know your shit and make sure they know you know your shit.

You don't have to be an asshole but they may see it that way.

I bet everyone is "rated" in their "customer profile".

I may bark alot but my tail is usually wagging! But fúck me over and you may get bit.

I like most of the people I have to deal with.

Comment

Same as the crushers in Yorkton. Have a credit card Thing with all your info pull up scan and your name and unload time appears and you move along.

Comment

How many farmers know or watch to see if grade and dockage is done properly? Or even if what wieght is on ticket is same as scale.

Get rid of manually entering anything into computer from truck and bench scale, protein and moisture machine. It can all be done so easily the programs are all ready there and equipment is all adaptable.

Comment

Don't worry bout me Farma I dont let them get away with bs. More than once I left the scale fully loaded and hauled it down the road.

Most instances you would think if you've been probed and waiting for the scale to open up they should have the time to get your final grade, moisture and dockage before you even get to the scale. That info should be on the kiosk as soon as its available. Its bullshit that they wait till you are gone in every situation.
                        Last edited by biglentil; Dec 6, 2019, 10:15.

Comment

Don't worry bout me Farma I dont let them get away with bs. More than once I left the scale fully loaded and hauled it down the road.

Most instances you would think if you've been probed and waiting for the scale to open up they should have the time to get your final grade, moisture and dockage before you even get to the scale. That info should be on the kiosk as soon as its available. Its bullshit that they wait till you are gone in every situation.
                          That is the idea of remote probe. Other wise they would do a proper hand sample or leg sample with the cross cut. Other thing is the only time you can ask for CGC subject too is at time of unload so unless you are in grading room watching and agree or disagree you SOL.

Comment

Who says you have to leave before you know what's on the truck or just been dumped in the pit?

For fuuuuuck's sake people, stand up for yourself!!!

Comment

The elevator knows all the specs on your load before your allowed unload.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.