• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CN Strikes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CN Strikes

Isn't this wonderful! Trains will stop running so basis will widen and if they get that settled then the winter weather will set in and hold everything back even more. I see a long winter ahead without much reason for prices to improve. I hope I am wrong!
    Last edited by seldomseen; Nov 19, 2019, 13:23.

The contract expired in July. ...where were all the rocket scientists back then....oh yeah worrying about Andrew Scheer's religious beliefs. ..

Moe woke up today as well....and he sent people to India for a trade meeting and no infrastructure working.....we have product to sell but no way to get it there in a timely fashion....go talk to FSU....
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 19, 2019, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Isn't this wonderful! Trains will stop running so basis will widen and if they get that settled then the winter weather will set in and hold everything back even more. I see a long winter ahead without much reason for prices to improve. I hope I am wrong!
      F*CK it leave for the winter, maybe SHIT will correct by spring, will be REAL F*CKING wet too I hear.

Comment

We probably got a half an inch of rain yesterday
        Rained all day , brought snow down to about 2” in the fields
        Strange day

Comment

Half inch on Sunday night into Monday. ....just phucking sucks....it just puddles can't soak in.....

Comment

Back to the strike. ....just shut western Canada down....the east should starve for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Back to the strike. ....just shut western Canada down....the east should starve for a while....
              The odds of back to work legislation coming out of this minority government are next to zero... we had better hope CN and the unions can get this figured out on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                The odds of back to work legislation coming out of this minority government are next to zero... we had better hope CN and the unions can get this figured out on their own.
                CNR headquarters are in Montreal.

Blackface is working on Quebec for more seats in the next election, don’t expect any results now that Quebec political parties are running the show.

Will Trudeau put a Maritimer or Quebecer in charge of Agriculture?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                  What really pisses me off is the way the media, report a labor dispute to get public sympathy but dont give any details,such as what the partys stands are,is the union greedy,is the railroad being cheap
                  It was said the workers are tired and are away from home to long at a time,so if they can figure out how to get from regina to vancouver and back home on a train in an 8hr day mabey they wont carry on thier strike.
                  O well at least it wasnt chucks fault,or at least no one has blamed him/or her YET.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                    What really pisses me off is the way the media, report a labor dispute to get public sympathy but dont give any details,such as what the partys stands are,is the union greedy,is the railroad being cheap
                    It was said the workers are tired and are away from home to long at a time,so if they can figure out how to get from regina to vancouver and back home on a train in an 8hr day mabey they wont carry on thier strike.
                    O well at least it wasnt chucks fault,or at least no one has blamed him/or her YET.
                    Him or her? Did you ever consider Chuck might be AI (artificial intelligence)?

Comment

We live near a low traffic CN rail line with few terminals on it.

Most of the Terminals we sell to are situated on CP lines. So hopefully our grain will keep moving.

Too bad a Union can hold a Company and the Industries it serves hostage and basically demand ransom.
                      Ultimately the Company just passes the extra labour costs onto it's customers.

I wonder how some of those Union hacks would like their wages "down graded" or sitting in limbo waiting to get them knowing they will be smaller than they could have been. "Subsidy" anyone?????

Comment

This is the most I have seen the media talk about agriculture in a long time....

I seen provincial agriculture ministers actually saying something....they still are not too bright considering they had all summer to mention to the federal government the contract was up....and should have known the implications. ...

BTW it does impact CP trains at the west coast....so it will impact all rail....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          This is the most I have seen the media talk about agriculture in a long time....

I seen provincial agriculture ministers actually saying something....they still are not too bright considering they had all summer to mention to the federal government the contract was up....and should have known the implications. ...

BTW it does impact CP trains at the west coast....so it will impact all rail....
                          Will CP be able to service elevators that are within certain distance on CN rails? Thought there was a provision for open running within so many miles.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                            Will CP be able to service elevators that are within certain distance on CN rails? Thought there was a provision for open running within so many miles.
                            Ask your conservative MP/WCWGA if they got that enacted into legislation....the conservatives couldn't fine the railways or the WCWGA would have lost some funding....so it may not have been put into law...

Doesn't matter ...once the CP train gets to the west coast and needs some CN line... the trains will back up....

Comment

Rail rates went up 8 to 9%, citing higher wages, & costs.

But more efficiency must be part of cost saving formula of longer trains.

We need the crews to run, we need their jobs to be safe, let's hope management gets on with settling.

CN reports slower shipping, well, the railway & the ports cannot afford to slow or shut down commodities in peak season to their bottom line.

Get this settled CN management.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...