• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green crops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green crops

Still see many green canola flax canary fields. Looks like this week will be the end of decisions to wait since frost is almost certain. Sept 21

Might be a blessing as were running outta curing time at the other end

Comment

[QUOTE=caseih;424656]Might be a blessing as were running outta curing time at the other end[/QUOTE

That’s true. Lots and lots of acres better not be normal snow!!

Comment

Time for a little harvest management help today.

Comment

I did some a few days ago anywhere the loss from management would be the least just so I can continue with the combine, but at least in our area harvest management or a frost will mean easily anywhere from 30 to over 50% loss of yield and some fields maybe 75% loss. And lists of acres.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            I did some a few days ago anywhere the loss from management would be the least just so I can continue with the combine, but at least in our area harvest management or a frost will mean easily anywhere from 30 to over 50% loss of yield and some fields maybe 75% loss. And lists of acres.
            That would mean those fields are mostly green, nothing cured? Wow

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              That would mean those fields are mostly green, nothing cured? Wow
              Yes it’s not a good feeling!

Comment

Ya hate to say it but may be a little late for harvest management unless it involves sickles.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  Ya hate to say it but may be a little late for harvest management unless it involves sickles.
                  Might involve both.

Comment

Did some of both now what day was it 90% rain that we couldn’t get all June and May?

Comment

Sprayed 540g/ac on stuff with wicked 2nd growth still flowering in 2015 on Sept 19-20. 4 weeks till I wound it through the combine. Would have swathed, but the stuff worth combining was between my ankle bone and mid calf. 16bushel average... sometimes i wonder how I've managed to keep going this long...

Comment

There are a lot of black swaths out here and sections of lentils and thousands of acres of chickpeas totally ruined. It’ll cut down on the harvest dumping of good quality for sure.

Comment

On the positive side the frost coming this weekend should kill the sprouted barley?

Comment

And the wild oats that are taking another go at it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              And the wild oats that are taking another go at it
                              So is the mustard. I have a field of volunteer lentils that looks like its coming better than the original crop did in the spring.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.