• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profarmer SD crop tour

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profarmer SD crop tour

Quotes from the car. LOL
    https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=872475&mid=7683284#M7683284 https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=872475&mid=7683284#M7683284

Dec 19 corn down 5 4/8.....

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Quotes from the car. LOL
    https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=872475&mid=7683284#M7683284 https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=872475&mid=7683284#M7683284

Dec 19 corn down 5 4/8.....
    They go hand in hand with UDSA 👎

Comment

I always wonder if these experts understand the calendar date? Go for a drive around and see thick heavy canola fields and think its going to yield big numbers. If that canola is just coming out of bloom and its the middle of August you are going to need at least a month without frost before you have a decent yield. I can happen but its unlikely. We have beautiful corn in our garden but if we don't get some heat soon we won't be enjoying corn on the cob.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        I always wonder if these experts understand the calendar date? Go for a drive around and see thick heavy canola fields and think its going to yield big numbers. If that canola is just coming out of bloom and its the middle of August you are going to need at least a month without frost before you have a decent yield. I can happen but its unlikely. We have beautiful corn in our garden but if we don't get some heat soon we won't be enjoying corn on the cob.
        The days are getting shorter ...not sure how they can't correlate that....but then again maybe the plants know more and speed it up....although they stillness heat to do that....

And it doesn't seem like that global warming is showing up this year....good thing the forest fires are not putting smoke in the air or we would really be hooped...

Comment

I guess the point is that there still is a chance at the169 corn number. Mother Nature could cooperate but what are the odds? I don’t think the odds have been factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            The days are getting shorter ...not sure how they can't correlate that....but then again maybe the plants know more and speed it up....although they stillness heat to do that....

And it doesn't seem like that global warming is showing up this year....good thing the forest fires are not putting smoke in the air or we would really be hooped...

I have been watching the temperatures this summer and what I see is that we seem to have higher than average lows but our highs are consistently 4 degrees lower than the average. Global warming, where are you. We NEED heat.

Comment

I read an article last night about an asteroid impact 66 million years ago that killed most life on earth. I thought the powers that be worry about pollution and climate change but all it takes is one event out of our control to end the gig. Some experts say a 300 meter meteor impact would screw thongs enough to end agriculture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.