• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do we go from here?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do we go from here?

Seems markets have stalled and become stagnant to lower in the near term. What are everyone’s predictions for the markets headed into harvest?

Personally I see all grains and oil seeds climbing starting in late summer and all the way through harvest.

Also wondering about hay/greenfeed market. Higher all the way through winter, or will it start strong and fizzle out with time as guys liquidate herds?
    Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 23, 2019, 17:26.

Maybe too much political uncertainty to even have a gut feeling?

Comment

The entire NA crop is at risk the way I see it, but the markets might not get the hint until the USDA confirms it probably by the first incrop tours next month. Those traders drool for it.

Soy and corn acres down and late. canada has dry and wet patches now and late crops, coolish temps for another week. Canola just getting out of the ground in places. Some places the rain was too late to help recover yeild. I cant see how the usual production numbers hold. Fall frost in the cards now too. Somehow a wet fall seems likely too.

Comment

Overdue for early frosts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
          Overdue for early frosts as well.
          So a bushel in the bin will be worth two in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            The entire NA crop is at risk the way I see it, but the markets might not get the hint until the USDA confirms it probably by the first incrop tours next month. Those traders drool for it.

Soy and corn acres down and late. canada has dry and wet patches now and late crops, coolish temps for another week. Canola just getting out of the ground in places. Some places the rain was too late to help recover yeild. I cant see how the usual production numbers hold. Fall frost in the cards now too. Somehow a wet fall seems likely too.
            You shut your mouth when you are talking to me! The last thing we need is a wet fall yet.

Comment

We want to talk the market up due to all the spring dramas, but we have to be carefull. Lots of growing season yet. Canadian crops have a lot of time yet to grow. Yields might surprise to the upside. Be carefull pricing or not pricing. Could go lower just as easy as higher.

The Canadian dollar might screw us.

Comment

Remember, Canada's production doesn't matter, only until we do!

How the **** can you price anything "profitably" when you have no idea what you will produce? Wheat profitability is vastly different between 35 bpa and 55 bpa! Apply same theory to canola. Even if we are at the high end of production, who doesn't want to maximize their pricing? Who doesnt like the extra gravy?
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 23, 2019, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Remember, Canada's production doesn't matter, only until we do!

How the **** can you price anything "profitably" when you have no idea what you will produce? Wheat profitability is vastly different between 35 bpa and 55 bpa! Apply same theory to canola. Even if we are at the high end of production, who doesn't want to maximize their pricing? Who doesnt like the extra gravy?
                  Yeah it is hard to guess what the yield will be (if any in some instances).

Just wanting to maximize price on whatever crop we do end up with. Although I am not confident pricing at this moment, want to be able to pull the trigger once I get a better feel for the incoming crop closer to harvest. Or maybe a guy is better off to bin and wait?

P.S. My belly shows that I do in fact like extra gravy!

Comment

With all due respect flea beetle, if you were going to pick an insect name for your user name, couldn't you have picked a beneficial one like "earth worm", "Lady Bug", "Praying Mantis", "ground beetle"?

Who am I to judge with a user name like the one I picked?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      With all due respect flea beetle, if you were going to pick an insect name for your user name, couldn't you have picked a beneficial one like "earth worm", "Lady Bug", "Praying Mantis", "ground beetle"?

Who am I to judge with a user name like the one I picked?
                      Well my wife says that I am a pain in the a$$, and that I am in my element with my humour on the dry side. Wanted to pick a name that captured everything that I represent in her eyes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.