• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday was day 42 .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was day 42 .....

Got about 3 more days of spraying to do then the crop should be looked after ... the up to Mother Nature till harvest .

“You got 45 days to raise your crop , 320 to raise your family “ do your best at both .
    2nd shot on 45CM39 . That was seeded with Horsch at 2.3 lbs

This is the P501L seeded at 2.2

So far happy with those two new varieties... time will tell at harvest
    Rain here now again this morning, what a change from a week ago 👍

I dont know furrow. Guys around here are in with some snakeoil weekly right up to mid July.

Comment

Canola on cereal stubble weedy, wheat/barley on canola stubble very clean. Most never sprayed any so few weeds before rain. Will check in a few days unless crop is too big, it will choke weeds, could be organic this year save thousands $$$$!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        I dont know furrow. Guys around here are in with some snakeoil weekly right up to mid July.
        Been there done that to .... but with Trudeau wrecking our markets and hopefully now just get average crop ...... not an extra dime will be spent here after weed control on much .
        Crop prices do not justify any “jungle juice”

Comment

Can't even see our canola crop. A decision will have to be made in the next week or so.

Comment

Your canola is well ahead of anything I've seen in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Your canola is well ahead of anything I've seen in my area.
              Once germinated....the clock begins....local canola in the ground since April and hasn't covered the ground has small leaves and is bolting....no matter the amount of groceries thrown at it....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Been there done that to .... but with Trudeau wrecking our markets and hopefully now just get average crop ...... not an extra dime will be spent here after weed control on much .
                Crop prices do not justify any “jungle juice”
                Thank God moe and Kinney have been on the news talking agriculture front and centre. For many of us the market won’t be an issue the programs effectiveness timeliness will be the issue but obviously they have that covered. Oops it’s not ag they’re talking about. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Small and bolting, not good...

I have no idea what this will wind up doing. It has a chance. Maybe
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	767408

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Small and bolting, not good...

I have no idea what this will wind up doing. It has a chance. Maybe
                    [ATTACH]4425[/ATTACH]
                    There is a lot of canola like that here as well . Tough to say how it will do .
                    We had canola near dead twice last year , turned blue / silver but made an average to slightly below average crop by fall

Comment

Two and three quarter inches rain so far in June with another week to go, looking like average or better crop barring hail, early frost or disease.
                      No heavy slough filler or gully washers, land still showing salinity effect of going on ten year high water table.
                      Maybe time to lock in floor price on production.

Comment

Looking at local elevator fall bids of $5.03 for feed wheat, $5.16 for milling grade winter wheat.
                        Should see what we can get for winter wheat picked up.

Comment

Furrow, all the Canola here on gumbo looks like yours, but in the lighter soil, it looks better. 2.4 inches of rain might help but we’re all-in and the under dog this time. 🤞🏽

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Furrow, all the Canola here on gumbo looks like yours, but in the lighter soil, it looks better. 2.4 inches of rain might help but we’re all-in and the under dog this time. 🤞🏽
                            Nothin on the gumbo looking nearly as nice as furrows. Have to squint to see green in the rows.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              sum, which gumbo are you talking about? Nothing in a 30m radius of Regina looks like that. Some looks like 101s pic but its not bolting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.