• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders liens

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Builders liens

Just curious if anyone else has ever had a lien put against your property for a pipeline or oil lease? We’ve had a couple over the years from well service outfits that never got paid from the fly by night oil company that’s got a few leases on our place and they eventually went away. Our lawyer looked it over and said no worries since it only applies to the owner of the lease/ right of way and not the landowner. Got a new one in the mail today for a big gas pipeline that was just buried across our place for the tidy sum of $24,395,703.66 Joke is on them if they think my place, shrapnel equipment, cows, and beer in the fridge is worth that 😜

I personally know a landman working on the project and he put me in touch with a Vice President from the pipeline who assured me it would be “resolved quickly” ...... whatever that means. I would think this might put a delay on their cleanup and reclamation. 😉

If anyone again tells me that oil wells and such are “money for nothing” they can kiss my @$$.

Something new everyday

That wouldn’t turn my crank at all Woodland.

Comment

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that and is completely unenforceable, not your problem. Throw the letter out and ignore it and let the other parties deal with it.

Comment

Until the lien is still there at estate probate. Then write a check to remove it.

Comment

When I bought my farm there was some builders liens against it it just took a little longer to get all the documents done with the final sale

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...