• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bidspotter vs conventional auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bidspotter vs conventional auction

I am getting prepared to deal with an estate and am wondering about bidspotter vs traditional vs kijiji.

Not really liking kijiji as I don't want to drag this out over 5 years.
    I have never used an online auction (only been to about 6 farm auctions since dad stopped dragging me there when I was a kid). Anybody have experience or opinion? LOTS of old green tractors and memorabilia and a lot of junk (scrap) and miscellaneous, some neat but mostly crap.
    Hard to figure which is a rare serial number and which was just a cheap 4020 he drove home.
    Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions with this.

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
    I am getting prepared to deal with an estate and am wondering about bidspotter vs traditional vs kijiji.

Not really liking kijiji as I don't want to drag this out over 5 years.
    I have never used an online auction (only been to about 6 farm auctions since dad stopped dragging me there when I was a kid). Anybody have experience or opinion? LOTS of old green tractors and memorabilia and a lot of junk (scrap) and miscellaneous, some neat but mostly crap.
    Hard to figure which is a rare serial number and which was just a cheap 4020 he drove home.
    Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions with this.
    I'd put an add on Kijiji looking for afficionados to help you identify what is valuable and what is scrap, then you'll know if it is worth getting continent wide exposure for rare items with an auctioneer capable of internet bidding, or if the neighbourhood will have enough bidders.

Comment

I don't know what the commission rates are like with BidSpotter but it is a valuable tool. Maximizes your exposure and prices. I have used it a few times to bid. I will go in advance to look at machine to my convenience and then relax in recliner on auction day. Keeps bidders at the sale honest also - no stealing between limited onsite bidders.

Whatever auctioneer you hire will be able to tell you if the estate warrants online bidding. I personally think they all do. I would bid on a shitload more sales if I could bid online. Lots of good sales in May, right when I am calving so nothing happens. I want to inspect item in April and bid online on sales day.

Comment

The auctioneer we used last year used bidspotter. Bunny Taylor Auctioneers out of Melfort, I can't give a higher recommendation than for this man. All the bidding was online as there was no onsite auction, which I preferred as it would of been too much to have an on site auction. I honestly believe we did as good if not better by having it all online as opposed to a live onsite auction. The little knick knacks(code for junk) went for way more than they would of with an onsite auction, as as much time as needed is allowed for bidding, whereas a live auction the auctioneer spends a minute max selling some of that stuff. The fees where very reasonable IMO and the service was much better than the likes RB's. Any questions feel free to DM me.

Comment

To be honest, I love auction sales. Even though I don't get to more than a couple a year.

I will bid online for a live auction, but to keep checking for a timed auction, forget it.

I would also be concerned about getting enough exposure. I know a neighbor tried selling his fairly new eeze on air drill a few years ago. The high bid was $1,500. I assume he had a reserve on it.

Just one guy's opinion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.