• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up on emerging canola..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up on emerging canola..

That don’t look fun
    Taken from SE of here .

Looks like frost damage too. Seems like flea beetles prefer frost damaged canola.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
      Looks like frost damage too. Seems like flea beetles prefer frost damaged canola.
      Anytime the small canola plants get stressed from frost , drought or both and growth is halted or stalled the seed treatments Become not as effective. The plant needs to be actively growing for the seed treatments to translocate effectively through the plant.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Anytime the small canola plants get stressed from frost , drought or both and growth is halted or stalled the seed treatments Become not as effective. The plant needs to be actively growing for the seed treatments to translocate effectively through the plant.

Might as well plant bare seed and plan on spraying with pounce for beetles....wouldn't it be just as effective?

Until the research starts to go back to simpler times and less cost....canola will slowly be reduced in rotations....and the farmers in the states will be gifted a market growing non gMO canola

Comment

Damaged plants exude sugars and attract bugs. People here really like Lumiderm.
          No one likes the price. Not a coincidence the name sounds like a f*** salve.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Damaged plants exude sugars and attract bugs. People here really like Lumiderm.
            No one likes the price. Not a coincidence the name sounds like a f*** salve.
            Seed treatments work fine as long as the plants are not injured.

Comment

It sounds like there will be a lot more damaged canola pictures soon after the frost overnight.

Comment

When the temps get to plus 26 tomorrow afternoon you will see damage. Yes the flea like the canola after frost because of the sugars in plants. Treatments slow also and some are getting close to the end of effectiveness and they suck compared to old food treatmentS.

Walk fields is needed.

We had to reseed a couple thousand years ago. Rented a deere disc drill filled tank and drove it worked great 👍 I

Comment

Flea Beatle Buffet! May you Lumiderm and Prosper!

Comment

Ya stripped fleas are exploding here as well last few days . And canola dragging its ass , due in part to that feeding and cold mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

We had to reseed a couple thousand years ago. Rented a deere disc drill filled tank and drove it worked great 👍 I
                      Really? I never knew John Deere was around back then. I guess if it only happens once in a while like that it's not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        Really? I never knew John Deere was around back then. I guess if it only happens once in a while like that it's not too bad.
                        You don’t miss much eh grass ?? Lol

Comment

Fighting a fu$&ing fire burnt my peas that are up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            You don’t miss much eh grass ?? Lol
                            I saw it too, but like I told you I've never been at, or won, any spelling bees. Or never won any grammar trophies either.

Nor has correct spelling, proper sentence structure or punctuation made me any more money either!

I'm sure I make my fair share of mistakes too.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              I saw it too, but like I told you I've never been at, or won, any spelling bees. Or never won any grammar trophies either.

Nor has correct spelling, proper sentence structure or punctuation made me any more money either!

I'm sure I make my fair share of mistakes too.
                              no , but you gotta admit , it was funny

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.