• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flooded grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooded grain

There is literally millions of bushels of grain (corn , soybeans and wheat) effected in the mid west .
    No easy way to get it , move it or deal with it quickly enough to save it .
    Between that and the cattle losses will be a huge hit to the farmers there .

And long term terms seem to be plugging even more moisture into that neck of the woods.

Comment

Will the market take notice and stop downward momentum? Not saying rally but halt the bleeding.

Like australia produced lowest crop in a while market said stiff shit

Comment

Anyone notice that the drought last summer in Canada and Europe didn't get a peep. the Australia shit show with its crop. Silence. Flooding now and it's bad flew over and lots of water. Plus all winter I watch the weather channel from Florida and the same area snow wet one nice day then rain snow cold over and over. Further south rain.

Comment

Would imagine trade is looking at it and thinking, "Rain makes Grain." Or in this instance, there'll be an abundance of soil moisture to grow a crop once they get it into the ground. NOAA seasonal outlooks are pulling above average moisture into that region till mid summer. Could be a problem later on in the growing year with quality or even decreased acres due to flooding? Looked at prices from various players here for new crop the other day... Nothing that's worth locking in, but worriesome in that there is probably a 50% chance that new crop prices end up being even lower than they are posted today. Make it up on quantity right? Thats surely nothing worth going to the bank on in the Special Areas!

Comment

May, June, July 2019 NOAA seasonal precipitation outlook
            Click image for larger version

Name:	mjj2019 nooa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	767151

Comment

Just one out of several
              Plus all the on farm storage .
              Tough deal

Comment

I don;t want to click Like, rather Yike!

Comment

Rock Port, Mo. is eight miles east of the Missouri River.

I guess the barge will not be arriving at the terminal.

Are they conveying urea to a bunker?

Comment

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/catastrophic-flooding-in-the-midwest-could-last-for-months-and-that-is-going-to-mean-a-dramatic-drop-in-u-s-food-production

I think overly exaggerated, but still outlines the huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/catastrophic-flooding-in-the-midwest-could-last-for-months-and-that-is-going-to-mean-a-dramatic-drop-in-u-s-food-production

I think overly exaggerated, but still outlines the huge problem.
                      Interesting article. I’m interested in maps. Can look at them for hours. There are ones circulating that show where it would be flooded if the ice caps melted etc. Much of us Midwest would be under water, not to mention most of the major population centres of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        Interesting article. I’m interested in maps. Can look at them for hours. There are ones circulating that show where it would be flooded if the ice caps melted etc. Much of us Midwest would be under water, not to mention most of the major population centres of the world.
                        Maps have always fascinated me too. But I Would be curious to see the map indicating that the midwest would be underwater due to melting icecaps. Not to get into the science behind the impossibility of the melting scenario, but elevation wise, it doesn't seem probable. Nebraska is average 2600 feet above sea level, Iowa 1100, South Dakota 2200, Illinois 600 Indiana 700 Minnesota 1200, etc. Just doesn't seem very probable.

Comment

https://www.agcanada.com/daily/floods-shut-nearly-a-sixth-of-u-s-ethanol-production

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.