• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tsingtao beer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsingtao beer

Tsingtao beer is the best selling Chinese beer in the USA. Brewery was started by German settlers in 1903.
    Had a tour a couple of days ago in Qingdao and tour guide told us the barley comes from friends in Australia and Canada. Tsingtao lager type beer made here is a premium beer, tasted like Budweiser to me.
    Brewing company has had its ups and downs but Chinese have become a steadier source of demand.

Amazing sight to see amount of building and development around Beijing and Shanghai, expect it is all over most of country. Gives me satisfaction to have supported trade efforts and agreements over the years and resisted the protectionism supported by some.

Continuing on cruise to ports in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and end up in Hong Kong.

Maybe you could sit down and have a couple of those beers with some Chinese Diplomats who matter and assure them that the current Canadian Government isn't a fair representation of the average Canadian. Maybe restore some confidence in us.

Thanks in advance.....lol.

Comment

Impressive amounts of smog here, remember when not uncommon to get what was called industrial haze drifting up into southern prairies from US. Would think air pollution and smog are of more concern to Chinese. Also that food availability and cost is much more important than whether it is organically produced

Comment

Maybe you could discretely point out that the current Canadian Government is willing to try and do China's share in fighting climate change....in exchange for some canola and wheat trade business.

Comment

Hopalong. It sounds like nothing has changed since my visit in 2010. I had wondered if the building crane was still the national tree. A truly astounding place. Cultures don't really change, but interesting to hear the sentiments about food haven't either. Smog a necessary evil. Visibility measured in hundreds of meters some days when I was in Beijing.
          Every Canadian should visit there for 2 weeks. We wouldn't be voting in half the nonsense we are here.
          Please post more.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Hopalong. It sounds like nothing has changed since my visit in 2010. I had wondered if the building crane was still the national tree. A truly astounding place. Cultures don't really change, but interesting to hear the sentiments about food haven't either. Smog a necessary evil. Visibility measured in hundreds of meters some days when I was in Beijing.
            Every Canadian should visit there for 2 weeks. We wouldn't be voting in half the nonsense we are here.
            Please post more.
            No reason to visit .....people just have to use the implement between their ears and realize Canada is one of the cleanest countries on the planet....

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
              Tsingtao beer is the best selling Chinese beer in the USA. Brewery was started by German settlers in 1903.
              Had a tour a couple of days ago in Qingdao and tour guide told us the barley comes from friends in Australia and Canada. Tsingtao lager type beer made here is a premium beer, tasted like Budweiser to me.
              Brewing company has had its ups and downs but Chinese have become a steadier source of demand.

Amazing sight to see amount of building and development around Beijing and Shanghai, expect it is all over most of country. Gives me satisfaction to have supported trade efforts and agreements over the years and resisted the protectionism supported by some.

Continuing on cruise to ports in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and end up in Hong Kong.
              Good report. That’s made from feed barley right??? And tastes like Budweiser? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                No reason to visit .....people just have to use the implement between their ears and realize Canada is one of the cleanest countries on the planet....
                Add australia but were hell bent on change.

Many say australia per capita are large polluters but its because we have small population.

As a retired politician once said if autralia increased its population by 40% and did nothing else all of a sudden we become "small" polluters via more population.

Comment

My point was as much about the collective industriousness as it was about respective pollution levels but good point.
                  They keep their eye on the prize over there. Full bellys and more money. The environment comes after.
                  Our economy castrating is very naive. Along with our complacency on all things from technology to education. And don't worry, they may not understand us but they're watching closely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...