• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CN announces funding at port

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CN announces funding at port

Great news and funded by the government through the National trade corridors fund....Great news really...BUT....the government can't fund public research but can help the railways that are guaranteed a profit ....

Interesting factoid....its the hard work of farmers and others that make the port and the railways successful ....not sure why there isn't a fund for keeping farmers profitable as well....

You certainly don't see governments buying farmers equipment or bins....
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 19, 2019, 09:03.

Originally posted by bucket View Post

You certainly don't see governments buying farmers equipment or bins....
    What about the growing forward programs, now on its 3rd generation. Can't always point the finger and complain.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      What about the growing forward programs, now on its 3rd generation. Can't always point the finger and complain.
      Does that qualify under the programs....If so...I apologize ...I didn't know the government would help buy equipment and storage ....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Does that qualify under the programs....If so...I apologize ...I didn't know the government would help buy equipment and storage ....
        The earlier programs helped buy fert bins / fuel tanks etc. Various upgrades to equipment qualify if you can make a case for environmental stewardship.(sectional control etc)

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          The earlier programs helped buy fert bins / fuel tanks etc. Various upgrades to equipment qualify if you can make a case for environmental stewardship.(sectional control etc)
          To me it felt like a subsidy to the manufacturing or service industry. Enviro fuel tanks were stupid expensive, fertilizer bins probably jumped in price too because of the funding. When programs target specific things the prices/costs associated with them usually go up.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            To me it felt like a subsidy to the manufacturing or service industry. Enviro fuel tanks were stupid expensive, fertilizer bins probably jumped in price too because of the funding. When programs target specific things the prices/costs associated with them usually go up.
            Bingo....it helped everyone but the farmers ....I wonder how much paperwork CN will have to fill out....or an environmental stewardship plan ...considering their latest spill and not talking to the landowner....
            Last edited by bucket; Feb 19, 2019, 09:51.

Comment

Grow forward is worse than Ass wipe.

At least toilet paper is good for your ass.

They keep f$&king it up and make it more useless each time it’s redone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...