• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s a Convoy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a Convoy

Facebook pages are going wild over this. Good to see an industry with such pride. Awfully quite on here and most farmer fronts. Today the leftist and liberals are after the patch, tomorrow it will be us. This should of had more farm support, this is the west waving the flag. There is a fund me page, donate a few bucks. The people involved will all spend a couple thousand or more and so far have raised about $250 per unit.

I hope they stick to the script that being pipelines. There is no use bitching about Trudeau or the carbon tax as theres an election coming up and hopefully a change. As one of the organizers stated for radicals to stay home

Comment

I have never understood the idea of these public rallies/convoys. Time and money wasted that could be dedicated to something on a provincial level that will get Eastern politicians attention - separation and or cutting off transfer payments.

The Liberal MP for this area is Indian and he makes no bones about not caring about anything that is not directly financially beneficial to Indians. So I guarantee he won't care about a bunch of white oilfield workers. The ag organizations around here used to invite him to functions but quit altogether when he told them he was not interested if there was not a good photo-op of money going to support Indians - I shit you not.

Comment

Time and money wasted as 15444 says. They certainly don't speak for me. By the sounds of it the crowd thinned pretty quick - 170 vehicles set out from AB but only @ 70 left Manitoba.

Comment

I don't have any problem with clogging the streets for a day with some winch tractors etc. French farmers dump loads of manure. Too bad Ottawa wasn't in Manitoba.
          We'll get to see Kenneys' true colors by spring. See if he's got any real balls or just another ass under a hat. Turn off the friggin tap already.

Comment

It sounds like the reception in Ontario has been decent with lots of locals coming out to meet them and bring food and goodies and flag waving. Hopefully it will help some Ontario voters think.
            They do speak for me grass farmer and I wish them well.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Time and money wasted as 15444 says. They certainly don't speak for me. By the sounds of it the crowd thinned pretty quick - 170 vehicles set out from AB but only @ 70 left Manitoba.
              Who does speak for you, Jagmeat Singh? Doubt if they would want to speak for you.

Comment

Can’t believe what I’m reading these men and women haven’t even got to their destination and we have people cutting them down.Give these people a chance to have their say it is still a democracy.

Comment

Grass are you really a closet NDP?

Drop a few dollars guys it’s a great cause.

Trudeau is a Asshole and will get his karma.

Comment

I have to admit I'm not well informed about this pipeline deal. Is it Trudeau that is against it and is the hold up? I thought he was all for it even bought out KM when they were pulling out.

I thought it was BC people that were scared of oil spill and the fact that 6 more boats a day were going to hurt the Orca whale population.

Please enlighten me!

Comment

Great to see this convoy going ahead representing Agriculture and Energy with a clear message.
                      No carbon tax.
                      No c48.
                      No c69.

This convoy is representing our agriculture interests well. 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                        I have to admit I'm not well informed about this pipeline deal. Is it Trudeau that is against it and is the hold up? I thought he was all for it even bought out KM when they were pulling out.

I thought it was BC people that were scared of oil spill and the fact that 6 more boats a day were going to hurt the Orca whale population.

Please enlighten me!
                        That's the problem - a lot of uninformed people. They don't know who is for or against a pipeline. They don't understand that you can't build a pipeline instantly, it could take a decade or more by which time market factors might have changed completely. They can't explain how increasing export capacity into a depressed market will increase profitability. They can't explain how Trudeau was able to depress world oil prices ahead of his election. They blame Trudeau for everything because they didn't like the last election result.... and that's what this convoy really is - the poor losers convoy.

Comment

That's the problem - a lot of uninformed people. They don't know who is for or against a pipeline. They don't understand that you can't build a pipeline instantly, it could take a decade or more by which time market factors might have changed completely. They can't explain how increasing export capacity into a depressed market will increase profitability. They can't explain how Trudeau was able to depress world oil prices ahead of his election. They blame Trudeau for everything because they didn't like the last election result.... and that's what this convoy really is - the poor losers convoy.
                          Maybe true but it was Trudeau that used the excuse that energy east wasn't economically viable when he added another layer of study to it....and you are right it takes years to build a pipeline which also means by the time it was built there would've been an economical case for doing so...

Had energy east been built and I don't know the timeline but maybe this convoy wouldn't have had to happen along with all the other discourse Trudeau has brought upon this country...

As a farmer he has not helped the India pulse issue, he and his team have essentially got Saudi Arabia to quit buying wheat from canada, he has pissed off the Chinese market which was from what I was told where the pulses were the next great opportunity as well as the flax market...that could all be ****ed up because Trudeau didn't put any effort into being a Prime Minister...he wanted to be a laughing stock ...

And this latest issue has nothing to do with Harper....Trudeau has to own it this time....

Comment

grass stop pretending you know anything about this business. It takes 10 yrs because of the stupid regulations put in front of these projects. TransCanada spent billions on these things for studies and reports and not a shovel in the ground before abandoning it after 10 yrs.

If you knew anything about business, uncertainty is the killer and that's exactly what Trudeau has brought. He is as responsible for the problem as any price crash. There are overseas customers that want lower quality crudes because they have no oil. They have come here begging for our product and we cant get it to them. Do you know how stupid that is?

Comment

Grassfarmer I asked you before, do you support Trudeau's policies? Last time I asked no response.
                              Who is for or against a pipeline? This is a quote from Gerald Butts in 2012:"Truth be told, we don't think there ought to be a carbon-based energy industry by the middle of this century. That's our policy in Canada and it's our policy all over the world..." At the time he was the head of the World Wildlife fund. So do I think Justin Trudeau supports building pipelines? Absolutely not.

So should it take 10 years to get approval to build a pipeline? No it shouldn't and that is the problem in Canada. Bill C-69 to me looks like it will make the process worse by opening up the process to more people and in the end it comes down to a decision yes or no from the environment minister. Bill C-48 bans oil tankers from the BC coast except for the port of Vancouver. Personally I always thought Prince Rupert would be the best place to load oil tankers, this bill eliminates that possibility.

Grassfarmer Alberta reduced oil production by roughly 8% Jan. 1,2019 or roughly 350000 barrels per day. This was done to reduce the glut of oil in storage by more closely matching production with export capacity. The price of WCS oil went from the high 20's per barrel to the low 40's. If lack of pipeline capacity wasn't influencing the price why did the price increase? WTI did not go up! 350000 barrels represents .35% of daily world oil consumption, not enough to move the market. Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...