• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Finance at its Finest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Finance at its Finest

Ted Cruz is introducing legislation that will give the US government the ability to confiscate assets purchased with profits of crime SO Guzman has about $14 Million and he’ll pay for the wall. There must be a few “El Chapos” running around so lots of money to cover the cost. Ted Cruz said it well, that this is how Trump can fulfill his promise to the American people. I was thinking, since the mayors of the border cities don’t want the wall, it could be built so the only openings are at their houses.

Sum

"I was thinking, since the mayors of the border cities don’t want the wall, it could be built so the only openings are at their houses."

There are a lot of private land owners in Texas that are against The Wall being built through their land as well. They will be taking it to court. We all know how Texans feel about government over stepping their property rights!

Not to mention Republican Senators who state that for Trump to re-purpose money for The Wall that Congress has appropriated for other projects and signed into law, is a big mistake.

Is the enough dry wall compound to fill the cracks forming in the GOP camp?

Comment

Foragefarmer - The wall was clearly an election promise. The voters of America voted in favour and expect Trump to follow through. It is unfortunate that duly elected politicians are been obstructed. If Trudeau would have clearly laid out his plans to pander to Islamists, the UN and Quebec, do you think the election would have gone the way it did in Canada?

Comment

Sometimes when one does a little reading. Bill Clinton talking about a wall 1995 funnier yet president Obama talk of wall 2009.

Comment

It’s funny California is all for illegals crossing in from Mexico but at the border between Arizona and California they check your vehicle for illegals coming from Arizona. They should build a wall around the perimeter of California and remove it from the Mexico California border that should make them happy.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Sum

There are a lot of private land owners in Texas that are against The Wall being built through their land as well. They will be taking it to court. We all know how Texans feel about government over stepping their property rights!
            Like the butterfly sanctuary in South Texas - the wall has to be 18' high crossing through their property - the proposal is to put in a gate to allow access to and from their land on the south side and to allow the butterfly sanctuary to give out passes to their members as they please. Shows how ridiculous the whole idea is.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Like the butterfly sanctuary in South Texas - the wall has to be 18' high crossing through their property - the proposal is to put in a gate to allow access to and from their land on the south side and to allow the butterfly sanctuary to give out passes to their members as they please. Shows how ridiculous the whole idea is.
              Those butterflies have been crossing the border illegally for years, about time they did something about it! First they sneak into US then straight north accross into Canada. But anyone or any organization that builds on 2 sides of the border shouldnt have the right to complain or criticize.

Amazing the migration pattern of such a small light butterfly, i beleive the Monarchs we get here reproduce in Mexico and California.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                But anyone or any organization that builds on 2 sides of the border shouldnt have the right to complain or criticize.
                The issue is the wall can't be built exactly on the border all the way - the Rio Grande river forms the border in some places. You can't build the wall in the middle of the river for obvious reasons - you can't build the wall right on the bank either so you have to pick somewhere that it is physically possible to build it. In this case well back on the US side hence cutting this US property in two. This is why any attempt to build a wall would be tied up in the courts for years - it will never happen.

Comment

Maybe The Donald will build it on the Mexican side, annex the land to the U.S. needed to do it and call it Mexico's contribution to Mutual International Border Security.

Just saying.

Anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Maybe The Donald will build it on the Mexican side, annex the land to the U.S. needed to do it and call it Mexico's contribution to Mutual International Border Security.
                    I like the way you think. By my math, at $2000 per acre(I have no idea how much desert is worth?) they need to annex 2.25 miles wide by the 2000 mile length of the border to earn enough to pay for the wall, and make Mexico pay for it, literally. put the wall at the southern edge of this, away from the river, sell the land, and all election promises kept.
                    Then, if he finds time, having set the precedent, Annex western Canada as a bonus,for all parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I like the way you think. By my math, at $2000 per acre(I have no idea how much desert is worth?) they need to annex 2.25 miles wide by the 2000 mile length of the border to earn enough to pay for the wall, and make Mexico pay for it, literally. put the wall at the southern edge of this, away from the river, sell the land, and all election promises kept.
                      Then, if he finds time, having set the precedent, Annex western Canada as a bonus,for all parties involved.
                      Democrats are so dumb. Let the loser build the wall give him American money. That would show he couldn’t get the Mexicans to pay, Americans would bare the small relative cost. Then everyone would see that illegal border crossing numbers would not change much and if it did it wouldn’t stop the hardened criminals. That all have ladders. Trump would then have no issue to talk about except everyone around him going to jail. Butts quit here in Canada and ooooh right away all the conservatives are saying look that proves he’s guilty. All trumps people are going to jail or charged and some still defend them. Hahahaha politics is interesting???

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Trump would then have no issue to talk about except everyone around him going to jail. Butts quit here in Canada and ooooh right away all the conservatives are saying look that proves he’s guilty. All trumps people are going to jail or charged and some still defend them. Hahahaha politics is interesting???
                        American politics has way more drama than Canadian politics, but with our Drama Teacher "Past His Prime" Minister, Canada is giving them a run for their money.

Comment

Here is a Mexican response to the Wall in 2017 …. Not to be taken as my position on the Wall, I am posting for your entertainment only. Warning - coarse language.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8
                          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 19, 2019, 07:07.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...