• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Politics Hit the news here today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Politics Hit the news here today

Thought yuo would be interested how our part of the world view your PM

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-16/justin-trude-internets-favourite-prime-minister-is-in-hot-water/10811564

In the past our news services almost always seem to have trump in lead 3 or 4 stories almost daily, but recently AOC is has almost toppled him for most newsworthy.

And another making news one of you guys will fill in the space i think he owns starbucks and is gonna run as a independent possibly. Could split votes from both dems and repubs

I know little about voting in the usa but is it possible he can become president with out candidates in each state??

And you dont actually vote for president do you only red or blue in your given state and presume you vote for candidates in each house of parliment over there?

chuck grass farma ab5 errol ?? some one explain how it works

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      In the past our news services almost always seem to have trump in lead 3 or 4 stories almost daily, but recently AOC is has almost toppled him for most newsworthy.

And another making news one of you guys will fill in the space i think he owns starbucks and is gonna run as a independent possibly. Could split votes from both dems and repubs

I know little about voting in the usa but is it possible he can become president with out candidates in each state??

And you dont actually vote for president do you only red or blue in your given state and presume you vote for candidates in each house of parliment over there?

chuck grass farma ab5 errol ?? some one explain how it works
      I'm not an expert on the US electoral system but it's a weird one! Yes, the populace does vote for President at election time - this is the "popular vote" Hilary Clinton beat Trump by almost 2.9 million votes yet Trump won the election because of the "electoral college" process. It's a rather strange system.

Comment

Electorate college better system for checks and balances. Prevents run away wins by smaller geographical area. Like the problem we have in Canada federally with kbec.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          I'm not an expert on the US electoral system but it's a weird one! Yes, the populace does vote for President at election time - this is the "popular vote" Hilary Clinton beat Trump by almost 2.9 million votes yet Trump won the election because of the "electoral college" process. It's a rather strange system.
          Set me straight hypothetically republicans could win a majority across america just saying and the independant couldd be president? If enough voted for him even though he doesnt have a aprty??

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Set me straight hypothetically republicans could win a majority across america just saying and the independant couldd be president? If enough voted for him even though he doesnt have a aprty??
            Maiiee,

Yes it is theoretically possible for an independent to win President.

Cheers

Comment

Trudeau will have to send a couple hundred million to downunder to silence the press there also.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.