• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindsay Ontario used tractor parts?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lindsay Ontario used tractor parts?

Anyone dealt with these guys and how were you treated? Need a transmission housing for a late model JD 3020 power shift which is apparently very rare and they have one. Of course being 2,000 miles away if there’s an issue after it arrives and they don’t want to talk to me there’s not much I can do about it. Just looking for experiences good, bad, or otherwise.

Thanks

why fix a old jd tractor like that ! buy a red ihc and never have trouble any more ! cost to mutch
    keep green going !

sorry not mutch help to you!
    have a wonderfull restoring and a happy working fun deere year

Comment

Haggadah try finding a IHC from that vintage it’s IPSCO pipe

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        Anyone dealt with these guys and how were you treated? Need a transmission housing for a late model JD 3020 power shift which is apparently very rare and they have one. Of course being 2,000 miles away if there’s an issue after it arrives and they don’t want to talk to me there’s not much I can do about it. Just looking for experiences good, bad, or otherwise.

Thanks
        I hear good things locally, haven’t used them personally though. Driving past them tomorrow

Comment

Could put add on Kijiji sometimes it’s good

Comment

Originally posted by agboy View Post
            why fix a old jd tractor like that ! buy a red ihc and never have trouble any more ! cost to mutch
            keep green going !

sorry not mutch help to you!
            have a wonderfull restoring and a happy working fun deere year
            It’s not getting any cosmetic work just internals to keep running augers and a little loader work occasionally.

A 414 IHC may get drug in as well to fix up the pto that won’t stay engaged if time allows this winter.

SF3 my dad is colour blind and though I’m not it has rubbed off on me apparently. My rule is that it don’t have to be pretty but it needs to work😎

Comment

Good point.

Old are expensive to keep running. We spend so much rebuilding antiques it’s not even funny.

Bidding right now on a nice 6030 but I think it will go for more than I’m willing to pay. Not the one just reference

Comment

It’s not getting any cosmetic work just internals to keep running augers and a little loader work occasionally.

A 414 IHC may get drug in as well to fix up the pto that won’t stay engaged if time allows this winter.

SF3 my dad is colour blind and though I’m not it has rubbed off on me apparently. My rule is that it don’t have to be pretty but it needs to work😎
                That is a good philosophy. 90% of my farmequipment’s next move is to ipsco. Until then fix it. With the John Deere you maybe faced with abandoning it due to cost. Consider how many decades of service it has provided.
                The new machinery will throw a code and you will have to phone the manufacturer before it does another days work for you, but you will continue to make the payments. I really have a difficult time understanding how we think paying to be a dependant on the manufacturer is progress.

Comment

talking of parts had to buy a brain box for tj 375 aircon.

$1690 australian bought one from usa $419 US plus $108 postage and insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    talking of parts had to buy a brain box for tj 375 aircon.

$1690 australian bought one from usa $419 US plus $108 postage and insurance.
                    Sounds like canadian exchange rates!
                    Our dollar worth $.75 spprox. but we always pay at least double $USD price

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                      That is a good philosophy. 90% of my farmequipment’s next move is to ipsco. Until then fix it. With the John Deere you maybe faced with abandoning it due to cost. Consider how many decades of service it has provided.
                      The new machinery will throw a code and you will have to phone the manufacturer before it does another days work for you, but you will continue to make the payments. I really have a difficult time understanding how we think paying to be a dependant on the manufacturer is progress.
                      This 3020 has run into obsolete parts from the dealer but so does our 10 year old spray coupe (which really ticks me off). Whenever we upgrade we measure our move up in decades instead of model years. Currently feeding cows with a 4760 that’s got almost 17,000 hours on it with everything original except the turbo, injection pump, pto clutch, and tires. A few of those hours was as our “wedding wheels” so a bit of emotional attachment too. 😉Depreciation and maintenance is under $10/hr which is fine with me. Just wish the cab was bigger for when the kids come with me..........

Comment

Currently feeding cows with a 4760 that’s got almost 17,000 hours on it with everything original except the turbo, injection pump, pto clutch, and tires. A few of those hours was as our “wedding wheels” so a bit of emotional attachment too. 😉Depreciation and maintenance is under $10/hr which is fine with me. Just wish the cab was bigger for when the kids come with me..........
                        The economics of cattle production necessitate an "antiques roadshow" approach lol. I'm feeding with a 2955 that'll turn 20,000 hrs this month. If only they made modern tractors to last like these ones did!

Comment

Might not hurt to try these guys if you haven't yet. They wreck mostly green stuff. I've dealt with them a couple of times and they were good.

https://www.farms.com/used-farm-equipment/b-m-agri-parts/ https://www.farms.com/used-farm-equipment/b-m-agri-parts/

Comment

Isn't "John Deere wrecker" an oxymoron......unless you've seen SF3 operate machinery!

😂🤣😅😆🤣😂😅😃😄😄😅😆🠘‰

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                              The economics of cattle production necessitate an "antiques roadshow" approach lol. I'm feeding with a 2955 that'll turn 20,000 hrs this month. If only they made modern tractors to last like these ones did!
                              I’ll second that.

Added up our 8 main tractors and there’s 134,000 hours between them all😳. I still expect to hit the key on them and go do a days work with ‘em. A couple might need a gallon of tranny oil but that’s it. Nicer and newer would be great but I got land payments and kids that take care of any extra pennies around here😎

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.