• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

650k ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650k ...

Between the city of Regina for 150,000 and 500,000 from tourism saskatchewan....looks like that hockey game in Regina will be a tremendous success....

How about if the 1,000,000 people in the province that can't go start saying this nonsense has to stop....

This idea that the game creates spinoffs is retarded...

Do the Pats fill the brandt centre every game???????

Without Sport Culture and Recreation funding, and Corporate sponsorships how many small venue sports teams are viable.

Comment

bucket, it sounds from your information that basically hotels and restaurants in Regina will receive a $500,000 subsidy from Tourism Sask.

Really what would the money be spent on? Shouldn't cost that much to set up a tourist desk at Mosaic in the off-season, but what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Between the city of Regina for 150,000 and 500,000 from tourism saskatchewan....looks like that hockey game in Regina will be a tremendous success....

How about if the 1,000,000 people in the province that can't go start saying this nonsense has to stop....

This idea that the game creates spinoffs is retarded...

Do the Pats fill the brandt centre every game???????
        How does this game not create economic spin offs?

The idea of Saskatchewan getting a regular season NHL game for the first time ever doesn’t mean anything to you?

The city and province will easily make their money back. Not to mention putting Regina and Saskatchewan on center stage in Canada and parts of the United States is a good thing.

You have to move on from the issues you have with the new stadium. Yes it cost the tax payers money I get that. But most of not all new stadium builds for any professional league involves some commitment from the tax payers. It’s not like Regina and the province started a new trend here.

Comment

"Artificial" ice, outside in the end of October in Saskatchewan might require some carbon dioxide creating carbon taxing energy consumption.....I hate the hypocricy.

There will be economic spin offs.

It's there, make use of it.

There will be concerts too.

"Field of dreams".... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by skfarmer707 View Post
            How does this game not create economic spin offs?

The idea of Saskatchewan getting a regular season NHL game for the first time ever doesn’t mean anything to you?

The city and province will easily make their money back. Not to mention putting Regina and Saskatchewan on center stage in Canada and parts of the United States is a good thing.

You have to move on from the issues you have with the new stadium. Yes it cost the tax payers money I get that. But most of not all new stadium builds for any professional league involves some commitment from the tax payers. It’s not like Regina and the province started a new trend here.
            If they are going to make their money back ....they shouldn't have to front it in the first place....

At 100 bucks a ticket there is enough cash for someone other than the taxpayer to foot the bill....

Meanwhile the government says they have no money for agriculture.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              If they are going to make their money back ....they shouldn't have to front it in the first place....

At 100 bucks a ticket there is enough cash for someone other than the taxpayer to foot the bill....

Meanwhile the government says they have no money for agriculture.....
              I understand your point. I believe the city was talking about the 150 grand involving buses for transportation too and from the game and other things I’m sure.

Tourism sask, I’m sure will be in some form of advertising throughout the event.

Also I would be shocked if ticket prices were 100 bucks... if I recall correctly it was 300 in Winnipeg a few years ago.

Comment

I understand your point. I believe the city was talking about the 150 grand involving buses for transportation too and from the game and other things I’m sure.

Tourism sask, I’m sure will be in some form of advertising throughout the event.

Also I would be shocked if ticket prices were 100 bucks... if I recall correctly it was 300 in Winnipeg a few years ago.
                35000 x 300 =10,500,000.00 dollars and people can't afford a taxi or bus fare to get there?????

I know I won't be going ....more than likely watch it on TV....I just wish governments of any level didn't have to have a hand in it and then tell primary producers there is no money when shit hits the fan...
                Last edited by bucket; Jan 19, 2019, 12:54.

Comment

Bucket is right, the stadium is stupid. That kind of public money into a facility the public cant even use.

8 regular games, couple preseason a concert or two and sit empty 350 days of the year.

If they can put a NHL game on the field why don't they leave the ice there so people can skate for the winter? Why not put up one of those heated bubble domes and make use of the turf in the winter and make a seasonal field house? FFS that's a bigger waste than the $2B bypass to nowhere.

And the CFL is already a declining sport. No interest in the big centers, aging viewers and pretty hard to get anyone but bums to play in Canada with the difference in American money.

Should sell the entire league and stadiums to the NFL and let them make farm teams up here.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Bucket is right, the stadium is stupid. That kind of public money into a facility the public cant even use.

8 regular games, couple preseason a concert or two and sit empty 350 days of the year.

If they can put a NHL game on the field why don't they leave the ice there so people can skate for the winter? Why not put up one of those heated bubble domes and make use of the turf in the winter and make a seasonal field house? FFS that's a bigger waste than the $2B bypass to nowhere.

And the CFL is already a declining sport. No interest in the big centers, aging viewers and pretty hard to get anyone but bums to play in Canada with the difference in American money.

Should sell the entire league and stadiums to the NFL and let them make farm teams up here.
                    College and university teams get bigger crowds than the riders....ffs

Comment

Cfl is already a farm system for the nfl. Players come play up here with hopes to make it back south again. As well as the coaches. Does the cfl have trouble in places like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver? For sure they do. But name me one professional league that has every franchise doing well all at the same time?

I don’t understand the aging viewers argument. Have you been to a rider game lately?

Football does have its challenges getting people to play at the grass roots level, but travel to a southern US state and talk football with them sometime. It’s alive and well down there.

What was the options you guys would have like to see on a stadium? A domed stadium that was double the cost and for what? So kids can play soccer on the field? Doesn’t Regina already have an indoor field house that most of not all sports can be played on? Leaving Taylor field the way it was wasn’t sustainable.

People can argue that investing in professional sports is a waste of tax payer dollars and have a valid argument. But take a look at the amount of kids not being active and not participating in sports and the affect that will have on society in the future. It’s scary.

Comment

What was the options you guys would have like to see on a stadium? A domed stadium that was double the cost and for what? So kids can play soccer on the field? Doesn’t Regina already have an indoor field house that most of not all sports can be played on? Leaving Taylor field the way it was wasn’t sustainable.

There was an option floating around that had a $100 million dollar upgrade to Taylor Field along with a $200 million dollar indoor hockey rink multi-use facility. The revamp to Taylor would have included a 2nd covered tier on the east side and revamp to all the player and fan facilities. There was even some money left over for affordable housing and some hotel complex.

That was the proposal that should have been done. Brandt center gets used just about every day of the year with the Pats, Agribition, farm show etc. And the improvement to Taylor was good enough to hold 10 games a year.

Why doesn't farm progress not get to use the field for showing equipment? Its almost like they are scared to use this thing or it costs too much to operate.

But while there is no expense spared for the riders, Regina lacks a 3rd hospital and high schools are overflowing.
                        Football is a dwindling sport because of the concussion issue. Going to be pretty hard to convince someone to risk dementia and a wheelchair for $20k per yr paycheck. Parents steering their kids away from this sport.
                        Last edited by jazz; Jan 19, 2019, 14:39.

Comment

Cfl is already a farm system for the nfl. Players come play up here with hopes to make it back south again. As well as the coaches. Does the cfl have trouble in places like Toronto Montreal and Vancouver? For sure they do. But name me one professional league that has every franchise doing well all at the same time?

I don’t understand the aging viewers argument. Have you been to a rider game lately?

Football does have its challenges getting people to play at the grass roots level, but travel to a southern US state and talk football with them sometime. It’s alive and well down there.

People can argue that investing in professional sports is a waste of tax payer dollars and have a valid argument. But take a look at the amount of kids not being active and not participating in sports and the affect that will have on society in the future. It’s scary.

If Taylor field, now demolished, wasn't good enough....why didn't the riders organization build the stadium instead of the taxpayers....

As I said before...99.9% of saskatchewan's population will never see a football game in the new stadium but are forced to pay for it....the players for the most part don't leave their money here once the season is over and neither do most of the coaches....so as far as it creating spinoffs ...I can't buy in...

Oh and those concerts that have been held ...well those bands leave with their money....the rest of the time average citizens that are a costco run put money in the local economy ....

Comment

There was an option floating around that had a $100 million dollar upgrade to Taylor Field along with a $200 million dollar indoor hockey rink multi-use facility. The revamp to Taylor would have included a 2nd covered tier on the east side and revamp to all the player and fan facilities. There was even some money left over for affordable housing and some hotel complex.

That was the proposal that should have been done. Brandt center gets used just about every day of the year with the Pats, Agribition, farm show etc. And the improvement to Taylor was good enough to hold 10 games a year.

Why doesn't farm progress not get to use the field for showing equipment? Its almost like they are scared to use this thing or it costs too much to operate.
                            They must have come to the conclusion that putting a 100 million into a 70 plus year old stadium was not as good of an option as a new stadium.

Didn’t young’s equipment sponsor a beer gardens in the new stadium? Do you want them to put equipment on the field? Are the vendors out of space that they can’t bring the equipment they want to the show? I don’t know these answers.

They do use the indoor part of the stadium for company Christmas parties and I’m sure other small events as well.

The city uses the field for high school football games as well as Regina thunder and Regina rams games so it’s more then 10 events per year. Would it be nice to use it more? I 100 percent agree with that thought.

Comment

Because putting up this in the offseason would just make too much sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1801toc_1801pjseaman01p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	767056

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.