• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatoon seed royalty meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatoon seed royalty meeting

Did anyone else attend?
    I attended and I felt like the preamble was definitely trying to steer us their way. They allowed anyone to ask questions and they got lots of different views and suggestions. They make it sound like they are open for suggestions and here is the contact information if anyone wants to give them their viewpoint.

I couldn't attend because of a Funeral that day but think very strongly that the WCWG have it all wrong and so do most that support this Bullshit seed tax.

Every industry in Canada gets help one way or not.

Dig into what goes to new Science for solar or wind or bullshit other programs.

The feds or whoever is putting this up are just trying to pass another cost on to the primary producers who are already behind the 8 ball and failing fast.

Some laugh and say I have no idea. Well, I'm telling you to watch the spring RB auction and look at where the sales are. Why you ask it because these guys drank the cool aide and are now done. Yea the land values helped save a lot from total meltdown.

We pay already good dollars for certified seed in Canada. GIving more money for useless research that goes no wear makes for lazy foolish do nothing civil servant type research.

Companies develop new varieties with min change every year. Maybe one in 30 turns into the wheat of choice.

So it's a tax and again we will be losing ground to countries that don't fall for this bullshit screw the primary producer like Canada is so famous to do.

So no take this tax and shove it up your ass sideways and rotate.

It's a Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      I couldn't attend because of a Funeral that day but think very strongly that the WCWG have it all wrong and so do most that support this Bullshit seed tax.

Every industry in Canada gets help one way or not.

Dig into what goes to new Science for solar or wind or bullshit other programs.

The feds or whoever is putting this up are just trying to pass another cost on to the primary producers who are already behind the 8 ball and failing fast.

Some laugh and say I have no idea. Well, I'm telling you to watch the spring RB auction and look at where the sales are. Why you ask it because these guys drank the cool aide and are now done. Yea the land values helped save a lot from total meltdown.

We pay already good dollars for certified seed in Canada. GIving more money for useless research that goes no wear makes for lazy foolish do nothing civil servant type research.

Companies develop new varieties with min change every year. Maybe one in 30 turns into the wheat of choice.

So it's a tax and again we will be losing ground to countries that don't fall for this bullshit screw the primary producer like Canada is so famous to do.

So no take this tax and shove it up your ass sideways and rotate.

It's a Tax.
      There has been close to 50 million in announcements at the show from both federal and provincial governments for R&D.....along with the 130 million at the CGC ,,,,180 million at the WGRF and the annual checkoffs of close to 50 million .....there is sitting close to 450 million from the primary producer....please all the organizations buy a walmart calculator and start representing farmers....when a 4CWAD is worth more than a 1CWAD ....what the **** do I need more research and development for??????? Are they developing a 4CWAD variety now??????

Comment

I wish the WCWGA would go buy a calculator hell ill even send them one so they can do the math.

This seed tax is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          There has been close to 50 million in announcements at the show from both federal and provincial governments for R&D.....along with the 130 million at the CGC ,,,,180 million at the WGRF and the annual checkoffs of close to 50 million .....there is sitting close to 450 million from the primary producer....please all the organizations buy a walmart calculator and start representing farmers....when a 4CWAD is worth more than a 1CWAD ....what the **** do I need more research and development for??????? Are they developing a 4CWAD variety now??????
          Don't forget the dollars producers spend on marketing these varieties to the world. Then grain merchants uder bid everyone to sell it. Tie the price of seed and it's R&D to the price farmers get for their grain. Maybe then seed growers and seed companies would see that farmers aren't the end users. In fact some how tie all inputs to % of price of grain.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            I wish the WCWGA would go buy a calculator hell ill even send them one so they can do the math.

This seed tax is insane.
            Sask3. Show me where the wheat growers take a position on this. You call us out because we say we need have a dialogue on developing a new system? The WG have never advocTed for one system over another. You really believe our current system works and is profitable as other crops? Comments on here about #4 with the same as #1. Maybe farmers should put all this energy into dismantling the CGC. That organization has lost farmers more money then the CWB. Finally what makes you think seed costs will go up as well as say an EPR. That’s not the way it works. Ask Mallefarmer what he thinks of epr.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
              Sask3. Show me where the wheat growers take a position on this. You call us out because we say we need have a dialogue on developing a new system? The WG have never advocTed for one system over another. You really believe our current system works and is profitable as other crops? Comments on here about #4 with the same as #1. Maybe farmers should put all this energy into dismantling the CGC. That organization has lost farmers more money then the CWB. Finally what makes you think seed costs will go up as well as say an EPR. That’s not the way it works. Ask Mallefarmer what he thinks of epr.
              Between the WGRF and the annual checkoffs and the most recent announcements at the crop production show. ...there is a substantial funding source for R&D so that the next great variety of durum is worth more as a 4cwad than as a 1cwad....

If you want to argue a waste of money ....there is a start...

When will people realize that quality doesn't matter and Canada isn't the go to for grain. ....

We are not selling volumes and if we could the infrastructure isn't there to support it.....and no one is buying quality.....

We don't even use falling numbers to sell grain on the prairies....it's all visual....as in the name on the side of your truck or the organization you represent. .....

Seed tax is as stupid as the carbon tax......period.
              Last edited by bucket; Jan 18, 2019, 08:50.

Comment

Kevin bender must be twisting pretty good to say as a former WCWGA president and now chair of AWC that the seed tax options are not good. .....

He's gotta be looking at politics now......twisting......

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                  Read the November 27 news release from WCWGA and edition of the Western Producer and what Levi Wood said in the article ...you dumb ****....

Comment

Over the last few years all these new seed companies have started up and developed wheat varieties so now I think there is 42 different red spring wheat varieties. All these new wheat varieties are all most the very same and there is nothing that sets any of then ahead of the other. If anyone is not making money developing new seed with the price we pay for it is because of all the duplication.
                    If you actually develop a variety that is above the pact or offers something new you will make lot of money.

Comment

Look to canola!

Drop mike enough said.

It’s our disease and fert and year 36 of no till, not seed.

Comment

New or old varieties are all priced off the same market conditions.....

And when one of the new varieties disrupts the market like the Triffid flax incident ....it won't matter what variety you are growing...

It also doesn't matter what variety you grow when you have a Prime Minister pissing off all of our importers....

Or an infrastructure system that can't handle higher volumes.....

This is just a way for the industry to find the minions that will follow their rules.....the WCWGA are on board already...

now....where is the brick wall I can go bang my head on....

Comment

In the last few yrs yield and quality have not proven out profitably. Sure we grow more, but the price is depressed, no new chemistries or disease characteristics so it will just be more of the 102% of check marketing crap. That's not what this industry needs. We need a group that will advocate on the growers behalf all the way right to the consumers plate. Where are the organizations trying to help find someone buy our durum? Where is that fn pasta plant?

Lots of millers and processers have learned how to use lower quality wheat now so we are producing something the market doesn't even want....why produce more of it? We wont compete with these countries opening up vast tracts of land by growing a bushel or two per acre. We will compete by shoring up our markets and trade deals and re-establishing Canada as a reliable supplier, not an over-producer cheap dumper. Everyone has bins full of durum they wont sell cause the price is depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            In the last few yrs yield and quality have not proven out profitably. Sure we grow more, but the price is depressed, no new chemistries or disease characteristics so it will just be more of the 102% of check marketing crap. That's not what this industry needs. We need a group that will advocate on the growers behalf all the way right to the consumers plate. Where are the organizations trying to help find someone buy our durum? Where is that fn pasta plant?

Lots of millers and processers have learned how to use lower quality wheat now so we are producing something the market doesn't even want....why produce more of it? We wont compete with these countries opening up vast tracts of land by growing a bushel or two per acre. We will compete by shoring up our markets and trade deals and re-establishing Canada as a reliable supplier, not an over-producer cheap dumper. Everyone has bins full of durum they wont sell cause the price is depressed.
                            What we have done is Indexed the BPA instead of the price per bushel...we lose money on every transaction/bushel......but we make it up on volume......

My forehead is red.....the bricks are starting to hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              What we have done is Indexed the BPA instead of the price per bushel...we lose money on every transaction/bushel......but we make it up on volume......

My forehead is red.....the bricks are starting to hurt...

If the human consumption market isn't fixed, farmers are just going to start growing oats and crap barley for rotation. I am not going to have my durum feeding pigs in china. f that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.